Wednesday, July 04, 2007
"What's up?" asked an unsuspecting friend of mine.

What's up?! How could you simplify the past two weeks to answer that mundane question?

To counter the rumor mill (i.e. two people on Facebook), I did not convert to Hermit-ism and go into hiding under a bridge. My days have been spent

  • becoming fused to my laptop (due to extended use) at the wrists,
  • becoming in danger of carpal tunnel syndrome,
  • playing "what's that noise" with my sister on the phone (a game that consists of her playing different sounds over the phone from around the house and me periodically throwing out a random guess to keep her entertained, since she just started summer vacation, while I make notes or read) at 3:00am,
  • hallucinating that there is some sort of sheet flapping around in my room behind me when it's 5am and I am still typing away at a Contracts assignment.
  • getting freaked out a little and messaged a number of people on MSN to find out why Facebook was telling me that my account was unavailable. This is how sad the addiction has become and
  • Y'know how sometimes when you've done so many all-nighters in a row the week just seems like one reeeaalllyyy long day? Sorta like a whole season of the show 24? Yea...so I'm still assuming it's something like June 26th.
  • periodically trying to figure out Wordpress and wondering if I should make the move over...?
  • wondering what will happen in the last Harry Potter book due out in 17 days!!! (Yes, I've pre-ordered my copy at a bookstore here and I am prepared to elbow a kid in the head to make my way into the store at opening time to claim my copy. The kid should know better.)



Caution: Future Legal Minds At Work


G: "There's so many of these terms we have to remember..!! I'm going to start writing these down in alphabetical order with the meanings so over time I have them all"
Me: You mean...like the law dictionary you already have...?





I'm officially thinking, and working out, a switch to Wordpress. The main reason being the password protection option for posts. If any Blogger employees cross this - why oh why won't you add that feature!? Our relationship would be so much better if you would be so kind as to make this compromise.



10 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I fully support the jump over to WP! Also, I am going to go start praying that if I ever need a lawyer you can take care of it for me!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I have only been on WP, and its pretty good! Can't say too much about blogger, but reading and commenting on blogger is a pain :p

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Will you be mad at me if your post made me chuckle? I mean, I realize it's been stressful for you and all, but that 24 remark, oh that brought back memories! Hang in there, things will settle down soon schoolwise and then you can indulge your Facebook addiction even more. :)

Ari (Baking and Books)

Blogger youngMuslimah said...
you'll be fine insha'Allah. WP sounds good...

Blogger 'liya said...
Good luck with all your work!

The reason I switched to WP was mainly because of the password protect option - mostly because I feel uncomfy blogging about work - related issues, even if I'm being anonymous and not saying anything bad, it still didn't feel right. I wish Blogger has done something about it, but I waited long enough and couldn't wait any longer. I say make the move!

Blogger AKA said...
Ruby - Anytime you need a bright, confident, ruthless legal mind...I'll look through my contacts and hook you up. Otherwise, you just get me :D

Mousehunter - lol, well then I do appreciate you facing the pain to read and comment! I will switch soon...!

Ari - Girl, I could never be mad at someone who made me feel like I could actually cook something edible lol. I need to wean myself off Facebook...it's just a sad situation at this point. Maybe I just need more normal human contact...?

Young Muslimah - inshAllah :)

'liya - Thank you! That's exactly it - there's just somethings you wish weren't publicly public...I'm figuring out how to move all the posts from here over...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
hmm.. password protection s'possedly works on blogger: http://irrelevantopinions.blogspot.com/2007/06/test.html

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogger AKA said...
Anonymous - thanks dude (dudette?) for the info! I don't know what type of hack or script this person used but props to them for getting password protection on blogger! I've searched so much for info on it and either it's a really complicated process to install the code (and I know the very very very basics of html) or it just protects the whole blog. If you do find a way to do it, would you mind emailing me with a link/code?

Either way, I honestly thank you for taking the time to send me the link to that blog to show me it's possible! You've revived some hope since Wordpress' CSS is taking some time for me to figure out..! Thank you :)

Blogger Hafsa said...
Hey there, salams, the anon was me :) ...was too lazy to sign in earlier i guess.

not sure what hack it is.. I found this I personally don't like the idea of using someone else's script (some vincent). yea, I'll ask Faraz of Irrelevant Opinion :)