04/28/2007 11:41pm - I AM PACKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing worse than having to stuff your life into a 4 tiny suitcases, each at 50lb. But I am, at last, DONE!



04/30/2007 12:20pm

There have been fleeting moments where I was sitting amongst some form of chaos - whether it be my clothes or a mess of paperwork or holding the line for the millionth minute on the phone - where I wonder what I got myself into.

There have been other moments - when I received email full of kind words, new friends wishing me luck and offering support like they'd been around when I was in diapers, and old friends with bittersweet tone of voice saying they will miss me but want me to do well - where I cannot believe I am so lucky.

Today is the day my peeps. I take off for my Aussie adventure in mere hours from now!

I know I got to thank some people in person, but again, I can't thank you enough for all the wonderful, kind words of support, encouragement and love.

And, again, I promise I will put up as many pictures as I can possibly take and give you oodles of detail. Til then, take care and be good.

- AKA

P.S. About the title of this post...well you'll have to Google it to find out the meaning, but apparently it's a saying there...?
7 Comments:
Blogger BanikaB said...
My heart just skipped a beat reading that post. I thought that if I tried to keep things relatively normal it would feel like you weren't actually going away. I keep looking at the stupid clock on the stupid bar of my stupid computer and it keeps reminding me that you're going to be flying away very very soon.

*I promised myself I wouldn't cry*

At least we experienced Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory together. And for that I will be forever grateful. =P

Blogger Ahmed said...
Wow, already time to go eh? Well have a safe and enjoyable trip and inshaallah you'll love your new school and location and have great success. :)

Blogger Sarah said...
My sentiments exactly Anika... It really didn't hit me until i read ur post that you are actually leaving. But, i take great comfort in knowing that you will be back soon insh'Allah!! And life will be as it was once again, if only for a moment. I will wait for that moment. Love You Deej! Insh'Allah I wish you and your familia a safe flight.

Blogger 'liya said...
This is going to be such a great experience for you! Hope you have a safe trip and get settled in quickly with no stressful events. Inshallah you'll be just fine.

I'll be checking back constantly in hopes of seeing a kangaroo pic :D

Blogger Hafsa said...
good luck, and please don't stop blogging! :)

Blogger youngMuslimah said...
AKA,
I dont comment much on your blog, but believe me today I kept thinking abt you, 'she must be at the airport now'...etc..

tc, good luck!

Blogger fin said...
Cute bloggy!