Tuesday, April 10, 2007
I was tagged by Hafsa (and Dee, although her blog is password-protected and I never put up a link to it...yet...?) a little while ago to do a list of "10 Things You Didn't Know" and have been racking my brain for anything remotely interesting or just non-crazy that you would fancy reading.

So here's the inane thoughts I managed to get...

1. I hate the colour red - red clothing, walls, furniture, fire engine, Raid canister...all of it. It's just so...there...and bright, and red.

2. I love red food - cherries, strawberries, red delicious apples, tandoori chicken.
(But you don't like the colour red? Yes, that's right. Maybe the fact that I can devour it makes it comforting? I'm an enigma, folks)

3. I am organized chaos personified - even as I type this I'm surrounded by piles of paper and clothes BUT I know exactly where everything is...I think...

4. "Klumsy" is my middle name - well, not literally, though it would make sense since my initials are AKA...but it's really not. Ok, ok, like, for example, I went bowling a short while back with the girls and it was my turn up and I was thinking about how badly I needed a strike or anything remotely good to pull myself out of the shame spiral I was in, and so I positioned myself in the centre of the lane, swung my 10lb bowling ball back with my left arm aaannnd...released it into the air towards my group of friends sitting behind me. Thankfully, it narrowly missed one of my friends but not before she jumped out of her seat. Causing a collective gasp and then an erruption of laughter from my friends, me and the group next to us (which conicidentally included a coworker who arrived shortly before).

5. I'm ambidextrous - I started out as a lefty and was forced into right-handedness by my parents, supposedly for my own good.

6. I cannot watch horror movies - give me blood, guts and gore on a medical show, but I cannot take the gruseomeness (it is too a word!) of horror movies - yes, even the cheesy, over-dramatic ones. I attempted to watch Saw 1 when it came out on DVD. I watched the first 17 minutes then shut off the DVD player, took the DVD out of it, put it in it's case and went outside to put in my car to be driven back to the video store asap. I couldn't have that thing near me in the house...did I mention it was about 2pm and brightly sunny outside with everyone at home?

7. Calculus terrifies me more than Freddie Kruger, Jason, The Saw psychopath and Michael Jackson, Paul Bearer (the WWF/E fans will know) and the possessed little girl from The Exorcist put together - seriously.

8. I need someone to buy my books from last term - I'm running out of ideas...but this is true.

9. When I was about 4-5 years old, I used to follow my dad to the corner convenience store where he snuck out to get cigarettes (he quit now -yay) and when I knew I could con him into getting me candy (that wide-eyed puppy face melts dads much easier than moms). One time as I hurried to catch up with him, I left the front door and screen door open causing my toddler brother to wander out on to road by himself. Fortunately my neighbour came out and saw him and got him home. Some time later I arrived, Bonkers clutched in my hands to find a very shaken and angry mother at home and my younger brother sitting in the living room munching on a cookie. That's my earliest experience of feeling what it was like to have a room grow cold and dread fill my tiny heart. Stupid little brothers...

10. I was bullied as a kid when I was in kindergarten - I don't know why. I wasn't the shortest or the nose-picker, or a bully myself. There was a couple girls who maybe just didn't like my name? But the nerve of those brats - when it was my birthday I distinctly remember them raising their hands when the teacher said I could pick a friend to help pass out my birthday cupcakes...




Ok now I'm afraid that you couldn't possibly want to know anything more about me or that you all know be too well and will easily spot me on the street if I were to pass you by. Just look for the girl not wearing red, eating a red delicious apple and attempting to walk away from the horror movie theatre but tripping over her own feet in the process.
16 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I guess I was lucky, I WAS the shortest but was not bullied :)

Blogger Roohi said...
I'm still the shortest. I wonder if I get bullied now and not even realize it.

I love apple juice but don't like apples and love oranges but don't like orange juice.

You think that's weird?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Horror movies terrify me as well so you're not alone!

mmmmmmm tandoori chicken...

Blogger 'liya said...
I'm with you on #6 ..

I actually get nightmares though! :S

Blogger Ahmed said...
hehe I totally identify with #3.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
that's very interesting :)

how did you that "snap preview" thing on your blog?

and i really liek the "book shelf" very cool.

Blogger AKA said...
Zendenizen - you were lucky! I wasn't the shortest, but the only indian girl in the class with the weirdo name...I think that's what it couldve been

Roohi - Anyone who bullies you must face me! And you're not weird - I like apples but not apple juice, and prefer orange juice to oranges :)

Ruby and 'liya- I'm glad I'm not the only one! What's gory horror movie compared to a nice cheesy (scream-less) chick flick?

Ahmed - I had the phrase engraved on my iPod lol...I know that's cheesy, but I heard of the phrase the same day I went to order it and now I'm stuck with it!

Hafsa Go to
http://www.snap.com/about/spa1.php
you can customize the look and they will give you a code that you can copy/paste into your blog template.

The bookself is from "Shelfari"
http://www.shelfari.com/
You can add books you've read or are reading (or even want to read) and also get a code for your blog too.

Blogger The Dummy said...
Calculus, huh? Yeah, I have bad memories of it, and I'm trying to get myself to understand it some more so that long-embedded fear goes away.

So far, so good thanks to a book I'm reading: Calculus Made Easy. If only we had this while we were learning it. It deconstructs the concept in plain english and helps take those Freddy Kruger claws away from the experience. :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
#1 I don't like the color red too - unless it happens to be a sari on a women.

#3 I am just Chaos! :-D

#5 I have two left feet. Does that count as ambidextrous?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Jazaks for the snap tips. I have added it on my blog as well! :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Im telling you, n-dimensional calculus is where its at!!! (Since im studying it right now...combinatorics final in 12 hours)

And dont mess with little brothers...

Blogger AKA said...
The Dummy - I think at this point even a "Calculus for Dummies" book is beyond me (but I'll look into it, thanks!)

Haleem - we will make sure that all future prospects for you come dressed in red. And I think having two left feet classifies you as "unidextrous"?

Hafsa - looks good!

Smurf - STOP IT!!! STOP IT PLEASE!!! I think part of my part of my brain just melted. And instead of your love for calculus, I'm more worried about you being on my blog a 3am. And I maintain my comment about little brothers (since I include you in it too :D)

Blogger Ahmed said...
I know I shouldn't say much since I still have to put up a link to your blog on mine....but why does the link you put to my blog point....right back to your blog? :P

Blogger AKA said...
LOL...maybe I don't want readers to leave me? I should do that with all the links hehehe. It was a tiny error in the html I put in, my bad. It's all fixed up now (thanks for letting me know!)

Blogger singlemuslimah said...
You're not alone on the horror movies thing.

I have your issue with white instead of red. I can't stand most white foods but I love the color white.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
you can sue the bullies for emotional abuse and mental torture once u get ur law degree!