Monday, April 09, 2007
Ok folks, I've deleted all the comments, as well as disabled commenting, in my last post. This was not because of any one single comment, but collectively things were getting out of hand, especially with a comment that was made about 10 minutes ago.

I don't mind debate, but certain remarks were becoming increasingly offensive to certain people who are kind enough to read my blog to begin with. In the outside world this sort of conversation is fine since everyone has equal opportunity to contribute. But here, I'm responsible for what goes on my blog and since I have no control over what you think, I can control whether I publish it.

For a moment I considered giving up blogging altogether because I had a similar situation before on here that upset me and put me off blogging. Or I may just start to moderate the comments so that they have to be approved by me before being published. Or eliminating the "anonymous" feature so you'd have to log into blogger to comment.

But I don't want any of that. I like giving people the chance to use their name or not, and I don't want to have to "approve" comments - spam included (sometims they offer good products, k?).

I love the circle of bloggers that find the time to make it to my silly blog and read and even comment. Non-bloggers don't get the appeal of this whole thing, but if you're reading this, then you know how great i is to be a part of something like this. I've met so many nice people that they've become friends. You go through their good times and bad more honesly than you would in real life.

So, please do feel free to speak your mind, but I will not allow abusive comments on here in any way. If I've ever missed something in the comments, or even my post, that has offended you, please, please, please email me or add an anonymous comment to tell me so and I will deal with it one way or another.

Thank you.

(3 weeks 'til The Move and I'm a little very strung out and loopy. Excuse the incoherency of my writing, if it's visible (trust me, it's there...)
7 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Three weeks? WHOA! Good luck girlie! Hope its all coming together smoothly, I hope you love Australia!

Blogger M&M said...
thanks for adding.. if u dont mind i added u to mine too

n 3 weeks wow... thats so soon. good luck with all the packing n move(Y)

Blogger Roohi said...
Oh Deeja...promise me that you will regularly update when you're in Australia.

And that you'll pick up the cool acccent and the slang and then teach me.

And take pics of the cute kangaroos, koalas etc.

Thank you.

P.S. I wonder if there are a lot of hydros there...

Blogger Sarah said...
Whoaaa... i missed the commenting on the last post.. what was it about? I am dying to know. I was wondering why there weren't any comments on that post. I was def gonna comment. That line was from Namastey London right??? I think so.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
dang... did i miss something?!?!... i think its fine to delete comments that you think aren't worthy enough to be on your blog... there's healthy debate... and then there's just bakwaas!... are u still in town?

Blogger AKA said...
Ruby - It's coming together, not so smoothly but slowly. Getting there...

M&M - I don't mind at all - thanks!

Roohi - I promise all of the above.

Sarah - it wasn't a huge deal, just something I thought was better if removed than if left alone. What line...?!

Rehan - lol I think they were all "worthy" except a couple that were pure bakwaas. I'm still in town, I leave on the 30th.

Blogger singlemuslimah said...
Guess I missed the commenting on your last post.

I can't believe there's only three weeks until you move. God, time flies. Good luck girl!