Friday, April 20, 2007
Now I remember what I'd forgotten to write in my last post - I had to see a specific authorized doctor for a medical exam for my Aussie student visa and pay another big chunk of money for. The doctor himself was really quite nice, but, of course, he sent the wrong chest film into the Australian High Commission. And as well, kindly made no mention of it so that for weeks I kept calling him and looking up the status of my documents online. Finally I got a call back explaining what happened and that he'd now sent the right ones in. I tried contacting someone at the AHC but no response. BUT thankfully, it came back approved online...just been waiting for the papers....




After giving up every crumb of hope on my peeps from the homeland at the various Travelocity call centres, I went down to the airport myself to see an agent at the airline ticketing counter.

20 minutes later I walked out of there with a fresh new printed ticket in hand, and only $200US less in my pocket for the change I made.

So where were the Travelocity people pulling out the additional $1000 sum from if the SAME AIRLINE counter woman was able to do it for just the change fee? I don't want to name the specific bodily region where I believe these numbers were pulled from, as I am a very nice girl who refrains from such speech when possible, but I suspect you are able to guess?

So I have crossed said problem off the list. And to celebrate I made gigantic half-vanilla-half -chocolate-chocolate-chip cupcakes with my little sis.

OSAP - you are offically ON NOTICE. I am coming for you...muahahahahaha....*ahem*

(Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the kind words and support...a good friend of mine kind of gave me wise and wonderful advice on how to overcome being stressed [i.e. he basically told me to stop whining] and I'm attempting to meet all these challenges head on. So far, it's working..!)
6 Comments:
Blogger Roohi said...
Hi Deeja,

I'm glad things are slowly starting to work out for you. Insh'Allah soon everything will fall into place and you'll be in Australia doing exciting stuff! :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
CUPCAKES? Did I hear someone say cupcakes???

I'm glad things are coming together, hopefully it will be smooth sailing here on out!

Blogger Dugi said...
Hi,
Ur comin to Aus? Which Uni?
I'm in Sydney? Are you going to be doing a Masters? Coz Bachelors degrees go from march-June and then Aug-Nov - 2 semesters a year.
Let me know if there is anything i can help you out with.
:)

hmm Isheeta knows me.

Blogger Atifa said...
Glad to hear things worked out for you.

Now to the important part...cupcakes. :) They sound great...did you layer them. I mean one layer choc and the other vanilla.

Blogger singlemuslimah said...
Yay!

I'm glad it's coming together for you.

Blogger AKA said...
Roohi - InshAllah! Keep making dua for me :)

Ruby - Yes...cupcakes :D Which my brother decided to finish in a matter of a few days!!!

Durga - Thanks for dropping by! I appreciate any help you can give me. I put a comment on your blog.

Atifa I did indeed layer them - one spoon of vanilla batter topped with chocolate (and then the other way around).

Single Muslimah - back at you ;)