"Alright...no one needs to know that you only have one full suitcase packed. There's plenty of time for packing, right? SURE! There's one whole week! Well...down to 5 days, but nothing to do in those 5 days so I'm free to take my time."

"Start with purses...ha, this will be easy! I have only a few favourites to take along....hmm, so I'll need a black one, obviously."

"Hmm...I sure do have more black purses than I remembered...there's this large one...oh yeeaah! And this other large one. Hm, guess I wouldn't have bought that last one had I remembered this one. Well I guess I could use both right? Afterall, they are different styles. Oh - a large brown one? What? Oh riiiight....someone commented I looked like a bag lady with it so I stopped carrying it. HAHAHAHAHAHA...bag lady, guess I sort of am..."

"...Ok, move on. Three small black ones...? What the?! Well this one is more a medium than a small, which would be convenient for all-round use. OK that's a go. And now two small ones. One's all sequin-y the other is plain. What if I'm in a sequin mood? Better take both..."

"This bluey-green one...what was I thinking? I guess I could leave it. And this purple. Ebay. Oh and the green one...another eBay. Hey this silver one was a gift...well no...I told my mom it was a gift so she wouldn't think I bought another one. Well all these coloured ones will come in handy, might as well throw them in too."

"This one is more a shoulder-school bag than a handbag. It may be useful. Oh plus my laptop bag. And my backpack. Hey where'd this little colourful bag come from? Hmm, it could go with a variety of things. Ooohhh and my white one! I love this one, this is a must-take too..."




Me: "Mom, which is nicer? This light blue or dark blue sweater?"
Mom: "They're the same"
Me: "The same style. I bought them in different colours, but can't decide which to take"
Mom: "They're both nice."
Me: "Which is nicer?"
Mom: "They are both nice. You're the one who spent so much money on all this stuff that you never wear but keep spending, spending, spending like that money is given to you from a rich chacha [uncle]! I mean look at all this stuff, it's everywhere and you keep pulling out more! Why can't you be more like -"
Me: "Moooooommmmmm pleeease! Which ONE!?"
Mom: "Take them both..."
Me: "Well...okay...that's what you said for the last three"
Mom: "Told you not get so much stuff"


*************************************

Me: "MOM! WHERE'S MY BLACK PANTS?!"
Mom: "With your black suit"
Me: "No, those are the suit pants, I mean my regular black pants!"
Mom: "The pinstripes?"
Me: "Noooooo, plain! Regular! PLAIN BLACK!"
Mom: "In the laundry?"
Me: "I did the laundry and brought them upstairs...!"
Mom: "Maybe you packed them already! Check that suitcase"
Me: "It's NOT in a suitcase already, I unpacked all the ones you packed, I'd have seen it there. I check everywhere I could think of!!"
Mom: "Check your brother's room"
Me: "Why would they be there?!"
Mom: "Did you check?"
Me: "But why....."
...few moments later...
Me: "WHAT ARE THEY DOING HERE!?!?!"
Mom: "Told you so"




Very Detailed Girl says:
what did you take? like what kind of shoes
AKA says:
I have a couple dressy shoes, flats and sneakers
Very Detailed Girl says:
nice!! so i decided ot tke two pairs of black dress shoes, one with heels, one without, that will go with all
Very Detailed Girl says:
i am taking 1 pair of gym shoes
Very Detailed Girl says:
then 6 flats..3 are more dressy than the other 3 which are more bright. kind of the Indian style shoes, you know?
Very Detailed Girl says:
5 flipflops...blue, grey, white, black, pink
Very Detailed Girl says:
and then 3-4 sandels...grey, white and black
Very Detailed Girl says:
fyi - fliflops are very expensive there, you should buy them here
AKA:
brb

AKA appears to be offline. Messages you send will be delivered when they sign in. E-mail this contact instead
15 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
LOL! Yup, that sounds familiar. I go through a similar routine every time I have to head off to someplace. Doesn't matter whether it's for a few days or a few weeks!

Ari (Baking and Books)

Blogger Ahmed said...
How many suitcases are you taking? I think I'd be close to filling an entire suitcase with that many shoes.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
You could pack a few boxes and have your parents mail them to you once they get back.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Looks like you do a lot of complaining on your blog. I spent some time going thru your posts in the last month and it's pretty much self involved stuff. I don't get why people spend all that time wrting comments to you when you just keep talking about yourself and your problems. This trip to Austrailia sounds like it will help you mature a little and i'm surprised to read you are going to law school but thats why your probably going there for it.

Blogger Dugi said...
anon why bother commenting if it's not of any use to AKA? Blogs are great for complaining coz people who read them don't mind 'reading' complaints. *sigh*

AKA- I sent u an email. Let me know if you need more info. Call me when you get to Brissy. BTW your parents coming down with u?

Blogger 'liya said...
If you're looking for flat shoes there's cute ones in almost every show store out there. I just like to go "look" but you actually have a purpose so...

... you can never have too many shoes...

:D

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I totally agree with Durga, Anon, blogs are people's diaries and they're free to write what they want. If you have have a blog with something less "self-involved" that people would like to read about, please do enlighten us. If you don't, then you really have no basis say anything and you should keep your rather undignified comments to yourself.

Sheesh! :)

Like my mom says, if you have clothes that you can't decide between then you have too many. And we know ALL about your eBay addiction!!! Even trying to get me hooked on it...why not sell some of that stuff online.... :P

Blogger AKA said...
Ari - If you've ever read the "Shopaholic" series, I feel exactly like Becky! So many possibilities, so little room!

Ahmed - I have 3.5 (I'm sharing one with my brother) and it's crammed with everything from clothes to soap to paper towels (this stuff is apparently really expensive there). I have no idea how many this girl is taking but I assume she'd need a case for those many shoes too!

Ruby - I brought up that option and got "The Look" - meaning no one was going to go through the hassle of paying for and shipping items for me that we could take along with us...is that an offer on your part though? :D

Durga - I was just about to type out my reply to your email when I saw this. THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the great info! And as well, thanks for replying to Anon for me :)

'liya - that's what I keep telling everyone but they just seem to look at me strangely and shake their heads...*sigh*

Shazia - It's reasons like this why I heart you so much. "..keep your rather undignified comments to yourself" LOL!!! Thanks :)

I don't have toooo many clothes, just enough to satisfy me :P And well eBay, c'mon! SO much cool stuff! And the thrill of winning an auction...I'll miss that :(

Blogger AKA said...
Anonymous - May I extend a hearty thanks and toothy grin your way? You've been so incredibly kind to take the time, which I'm sure you're limited on, to read through my piece of webspace and so adeptly summarize my character, as well as that of my blog's, in to one neat and tiny comment!

How fascinating it is to see oneself through the eyes of an Anonymous person that I couldn't care any less about! MARVELOUS I tell you! Truly, I am in awe. I set out to make this blog especially to please you, Oh Anonymous One, and I feel now that all in life is pointless without your express satisfaction. I shall, as you have made it known, cancel my plans to undertake any further school and will no longer be making my trip to "AustraIlia" (the spelling you used befuddled me, but I am sure this was that country's mistake and certainly not your sorry excuse for spelling and grammar!).

Thank you, Anonymous, for you have shown me light when the tube light in my life was flickering and making that annoying buzzing sound. I hope that you shall continue to post your wise commentary on my lowly blog so that I may continue to better myself simply for your own agreement.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
With everything going on here, I'm more concerned as to why your pants were in your brother's room to begin with...

Blogger Recovering D said...
Aww shucks, I missed the boat. I So wanted to reply to anon but you beat me to it AKA. LOVED your response ;)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I can mail them to you no problem chica, pack them up and I will come pick them up over the weekend. Seriously.

Nice response to the foll who is too chickenshit to comment under their own name/url...nice response K!

Blogger AKA said...
Smurf - I don't want to point fingers or blame at the individual who is responsible for The Case of the Missing Pants, but let's just say it starts with an M and ends with an -om...

Pyari - lol, thanks! You're more than welcome to respond too, I'd loved to hear what you'd have said

Ruby - Did I ever mention how superawesomecool you are? Well you are...thanks so much for the offer, but I have at last managed to put everything I think I will need into the suitcases we have...it only took 5 :D

And thanks for the other comment...my biggest pet peeve about blogging is anonymous stupid comments..!!

Blogger mezba said...
Just do what I do. Leave everything to the last minute and then dial M-O-M.

Blogger ZenDenizen said...
I found this blog very reassuring. I travel for business all the time and I invariably end up wasting most of my Sundays trying on outfits and coordinating bags and shoes for the trip.