Friday, April 06, 2007

I haven't had time to blog in awhile...busy with so many things! I know I've gotten a couple other tags (thanks Hafsa and Dee) and I promise I will update soon with another "Things you didn't know about me" but this is an older post I had written and saved as a draft so I'm digging it out now to post in the meantime.




Bipolar tendencies...

Either I'm sickeningly polite or I just have some issues with pleasing others.

I tend to say "sorry" quite often, even when things aren't fault. Someone bumps into me in a grocery store and I blurt out "oh I'm so sorry!" automatically, while that person glares at me rudely. Not that I would want to be the rude one, but I just shouldn't be the one to apologize, right?

Overly thanking people, excusing myself for little mistakes and a million other things. Lawyers are supposed to be tough exteriored and demanding. No wonder my coworkers were always skeptical at my lawyerness.

I have a temper...unfortunately a little more than I should. And I am stubborn - also too much so for my own good. But then I'm afraid that my Miss Congeniality crown will slip off my head if I start to hold back the niceties.




Kids say the darndest things...

"You don't know anything about my life or what I can understand" - my 8-year old sister...yes EIGHT

You little...I knew you before you started your life!!! Kids these days...sheesh




Sticks and stones...

Aunty-I-don't-really-know-but-forced-to-talk-to-when-I-answered-the-phone> "...it's a good thing you're becoming a lawyer"

Me> "oh, well yes, I wanted that career for some time..."

AIDRKBFTTTWIATP> "Well there are girls much more prettier than you and a little younger. Your education is the only way you'll find a good husband"

Me> flabbergasted silence

AIDRKBFTTTWIATP> "It's hard to find good husband's these days, you know. You should be prepapred to get married soon. How are you're studies in Michigan? Almost done?"

Me> "MOMMMMM...CALL FOR YOU"





Dinner for 500, please

I've always hated the fact that Indian weddings are so insanely big. Anyone and everyone who you've managed to share a breath of air with seems to be invited. The bride and groom are lucky to know a quarter of the invitees.

But on the same note, I understand our parents need and desire to invite all these people (some who they've known for 20 years, but haven't seen in 18). It's their time to celebrate and send their child off into their new life with a bang. They've attended other weddings and festivities so now it's time to return an invitation. They've spent your whole life raising you - teaching, scolding, loving and admiring - and now they can have the chance to share their over-flowing happiness.

But still, with the number of people my dad seems to know, I'll be lucky to have one table of friends at my own wedding!