Saturday, September 09, 2006
I can't seem to catch a break. If it's not one thing here, then along comes another. Maybe it's all those jokes I made about the U.S. coming back to haunt me (who knew karma could cross the border?) but there seems to be a block in everything I attempt to do here.

First the whole cable/internet fiasco. And to continue with that loving trend, Comcast sent me another bill today for the service installation between Aug 28-29th...when I wasn't here. They apparently had 2 accounts under my name and billed me twice and gave me a hassle when I called in and tried to explain to the call center rep (Listen Mr. Langdon Meyer, I'll be writing a strongly worded letter to you're higher ups...though I know it will be discarded quicker than it took me to hang up on you).

Then the Social Security Number (aka, the Social Insurance Number in Canada) thing. Oye. I'm eligible to get one here in the U.S. based on my student status, and I was told, by more than one source, that they would give me the number and mail me the card later. "Awesome!" I thought, since I needed it to open a chequing account and get my car. After an hour of waiting at the SSN office (after I accidentally walked into a military base office next door...scared the bejeezes out of me to see all these uniformed officers and a bespectacled secretary glaring at me behind the high desk) they told me I'd get my number in about two weeks.

>"Weeks? But I was told I'd get it now...as in today...as in now" I said sputtering in my confusion.
>>"Sorry, but we don't do that. I can't see your number".
>"Oh...ok then...well, I guess...ok then".

The worst part about this deal being that my parents had come up this weekend specifically for getting the car lease dealt with. We even put a deposit down on the car. And though the people at the dealership were unexpectedly kind and extremely helpful, we didn't get any further today. The poor manager called every person he could think of at the leasing office to see if they'd be able to use my Canadian SIN or find another way to get my the car, but nope. Not his fault or the GMAC, I know there are procedures. But I wan't my car :( What car you ask? Well, it's nothing glamorous (as you'd expect my to "roll" in) but still nice, observe:


The 2007 Buick LaCrosse CX in Glacier Blue (oooohhh...aaaahhh)

Long story short, no car, no SSN, parents leaving tomorrow, no car, too much work to do.

Funny story about the car. My friends and I went down to Niagara in April for my friend's "Bachelorette's Day Out" before she got married, and I went to rent a car for the trip and ended up (after a lot of haggling) with the 2006 version of this in some other colour (girls, do you remember? Goldish brown?) and I really loved driving it...so much that I thought about keeping it one extra day for myself. And voila, now I have it (almost...)

Alright, not so much a funny story then..a story.



People with younger siblings...please relate. Why must they take randomly use your things and either:

(a)never return the item, (b) break the item (c)break the item, neglect to tell you and never return it until you go mad tearing around the house looking for it because you now desperately need it (!!!).

Oh and did I mention that the best part of all this is that they never ask or at least inform you that they are using,borrowing, taking said item, so that you really have no idea whether you've lost your mind and have misplaced the item yourself, or that you never had it to begin with and just imagined buying it. Maybe it's a middle child thing?

Oh yes buddy, this means you. I know you occassionally stumble onto this blog to catch up on my rants, so I am publicly putting you on notice (it's what Colbert would've done). I'm not even in the same country as you and it's still happening!!!

In short, give me back my umbrella or there will be no end to the consequences you will see (I have the law to back me up now too). I distinctly remember buying you an umbrella a few months ago. I expect it's now floating around in some void along with my Adidas bag, headphones, iPod, ER Seasone 1 DVD, and God knows what else)

(P.S. Just so you know, one of the many consequences being that I will make sure to spoil the whole upcoming season of Lost for you. You know I'd do it too, even if it means ruining it for me. Don't make resort to it. It won't be pretty.)



Had to do that one. It's the only way the kids these days learn, hit 'em where it hurts most - TV. Alright. That's it for me now. For anyone looking to de-stress, I have to say blogging is definitely one way to do it. If anything it keeps you distracted from your Torts book for awhile.

P.P.S. Did I mention, no car?

3 Comments:
Blogger Sarah said...
I've offended the "natives" before... it was at Niagara Falls. We were in the gift shop, and i tried on the feather headdress and did a little native dance.. and then the girl that works there saw me and told me "You're not supposed to touch theat!" Boy, was my face red. And Azfar happend to catch it all on tape :S

Anonymous Anonymous said...
oooooh, nice caaaaaar.... so did u get it fully-loaded with all the options?... the colour is real nice too... btw, how's school going?... miss TO yet? :P

Blogger AKA said...
Sarah: WHERE IS THAT TAPE?? Azfar, man, hook it up bro! Or are you saving that for her wedding...oooh even better lol

Rubina: Hi! Thanks for visiting :) It must be someone with every household then! There's got to be some secret room where all this stuff end up - it's nuts.

Rehan: I got options - the windows roll up and down...pretty sweet huh? To be honest, I didn't ask much about it, it's mine for 3 years then it goes back to them so I wasn't all that picky. I do miss TO :(