Wednesday, August 09, 2006
I am surrounded by boxes.
I am surrounded by boxes that are taped shut.
I am surrounded by boxes that are taped shut and not labeled.
I am surrounded by boxes that are taped shut and not labeled - and I can't find my school documents.






Theres about 4 weeks before I start classes and already I have reading assignments for each class. I haven't even received my schedule, let alone book list! After having a year and a half break between undergrad and law school, I think my brain has numbed a bit. The idea of reading and preparing for class sounds so foreign.




Watch this. (Sorry Rehan, I'm stealing borrowing your thunder)




And this.




Where would be today without the Internet? Obviously, you wouldn't be reading this. It's amazing how this technology has changed how we do business, how we shop, how we socialize and how we relax. We've become overly dependent on technology. So much that even the simple task of using Windex spray to clean windows has been made 'easier' by having pre-soaked wipes in canisters available. All that spraying straight from the bottle was hurting my trigger finger. We're paying the price environmentally. Wipes like these don't last long, aren't easily biodegradeable, and create unnecessary waste.

However, I feel lost if I can't log onto the web everyday and read the newspaper, check my email, and pretty much stay connected with the entire world. Disconnection syndrome!

Here's a timeline that shows how the Internet has progressed over the last 15 years.

(Can you believe that 10 years ago this August there were only 342,081 websites online!? Four years later that number jumped to nearly 20 millon. Today there are approximately 92,615,362 websites.)






The important thing is not to stop questioning.
-Albert Einstein
1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
hmmmm, i wish i could start school again too... u think there's a university out there that doesn't have any sort of tests/exams/assignments/labs?!?!... i might be alone in saying this, but i actually liked university life a LOT more than high school... even now, sure, the money is coming in as i work the 9 to 5 hours... but the thrill of learning something new everyday just isn't there... and that's what university was all about... u quite literally were learning something new every single day...