Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Good Idea: wearing the glasses your ophthalmologist recommended (over and over) and said would help you see better and for longer periods when working at the computer all day long.

Bad Idea: wearing the prescribed glasses all the time (because otherwise you'd forget them or lose them - yes, case and all) so that people walking by at a certain distance seem blurry but waving at them anyways because the blurred heads resemble someone you know.

Moral learned: do not wave at random strange guys who you think you know, but turn out to be that weirdo who tried to slip three of your friends his number...within the same hour at the same study table. Said weirdo will always try to make contact thereafter, leaving you confused, amused and annoyed whilst attempting to study for exams.




Good Idea: pre-ordering the latest and final Harry Potter book so you will not have to fight off 12 year olds on the day of release.

Bad Idea: Delaying the pick of up of the book on Saturday afternoon so that you get too busy to read the book, other than the first 80 pages (that you read on the bus while a friend chatted away), and then telling a new friend that she can borrow it for the evening because you will be going out for a friend's birthday and will fall asleep early when getting home. Even though new friend said she would return it the next morning, sometimes morning can mean 6:00pm Sunday evening...at which point you are working on assignments for that upcoming week.

Further Bad Idea: staying up throughout the night on Monday to finish Harry Potter so you can avoid running into people talking about the book and having to run (literally) the opposite way to keep from hearing parts you've not read.

Worse Idea: Staying up all night Monday to read Harry Potter (despite how good it is) and sleeping in until 12:10pm after you've actually finished when you have a group debate presentation to make in class starting at 12:00pm.

Shameful Idea: Pretending to be sick when you finally arrive in class to avoid getting beat down by classmates for being late.
(Hey..it's not like I could tell them why I was really late...and we did end up winning the debate...so, all was well.)

Moral Learned: All sacrifices are worth getting read the final Harry Potter book *sigh*
11 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Speaking of being paranoid about people taking about the latest Harry Potter book, I stopped reading your entry as soon as you said "Harry Potter" lol! I'm only on page 300 something. Must. read. faster.

Ari (Baking and Books)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
So glad I'm not a Potter fan. I downloaded the last movie like over a week ago and still haven't seen it...hehe.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
the best chapter was the prince's tale.. i m still re-reading it.

Blogger youngMuslimah said...
i didnt even get my copy:( any idea where to download the movie from?

Blogger Humz said...
I loved Harry Potter! I'm so sad that's it - no more books - boohooo! Harry I'll miss u.

Blogger mezba said...
lol @ your last moral learned. do you know they are building a potter themed park in the USA?

Blogger Totally Frank said...
I can’t stand Harry Potter!! I remember taking my lil cousins to watch the second HP film ... God! I’ve never been so bored in my life! If I didn’t have my popcorn and chocs to munch on I would have fallen asleep!!

My poor lil cousins wanted me to take them again to watch the current HP film ... I politely refused! No way was I going to sit through that again .... I rather buy the the DVD for them and they can watch it over and over while I babysat!

Blogger 'liya said...
Looks like you learned some good morals! One thing I've learned with these books is that once you start, you can't put them down.

Are people in Australia as H.P. crazy as here?

Blogger rubytuesdays said...
Very good lessons to have learned! Esp those relating to HP!

Blogger singlemuslimah said...
At least you've learned your lesson.

Blogger AKA said...
Ari - I'd never put in spoilers without warning my fellow HP fans! But I understand the paranoia - stayed away from the internet, and people in general, until I finished.

Mousehunter - I think you saved yourself a big headache lol. But the books are better than the movies!

Haleem - Agreed! I haven't re-read anything yet because someone has my copy now. I'll save it for the really long flight back home.

YoungMuslimah - You could try bittorrents or any other program like it i think...

Humz - I'll miss him too :(

Mezba - I heard! Ruby and I have already booked our flights :P

Totally Frank - if I only watched the movies, I think I'd feel the same. The books are so much better - they cut out all the good stuff and none of the actors are that good.

'liya - They are just as crazy here as anywhere else back home!

Ruby - lol...I try to improve myself all the time.

Single Muslimah - So many more to learn...