Sunday, December 19, 2004
I'm finally finished school! Yes, that means I've gotten the degree, finished off all the extra credits, done the exams and now am free! Not counting the LSAT writing, application sending, acceptance waiting and my job that is...other than all those things, I'm doing well!

I feel ashamed boasting or talking about myself, but I'm happy because this week I got a promotion at work! I went from "Customer Relations Coordinator" (i.e. doing all the front desk and office duties) to "Financial Services Representative" (i.e. opening accounts, loans, etc). So it's a pretty good position, but I'm in it for the money! Sad and shallow? Yes =D. Hey but I have a voicemail box, and business cards! I think I'm getting to worked up, but it's nice to know you're work doesnt go unnoticed I guess! So that was the good news.

I went to Nathan Phillips Square by City Hall today to go skating...well more like watching! My shameful secret is that I never learned how to skate. My mom thought that swimming lessons and tae kwon do lessons would be much more useful in my future than skating. Because if I go overboard on a boat or need to save some poor drowning person, or if I'm attacked, I'll have the skills to get through the situation. Good intentions, but the bad thing is that I havent gone swimming in so long that I don't think I could save myself let alone someone else, and as for the tae kwon do, I got up to a green belt, but forgot everything I learned and I think in the face of danger I'd run the other way and call 911 as my "skill" to help the situation.

So "skating" was fun....I got to watch people fall, and thank God it wasn't me. Eventually I do want to learn, but I may just have to rent out a skating rink for myself because I'm terrified of learning in front of others because I know I'll look like a fool and be mocked!! But while watching I think I neared the point of frost bite, it was soooo cold!!! But hey I supported my friends by encouraging them on the ice, and watching their things, so in the end I was an integral part of the skating expedition.

Next week will be crazy...I know we'll be swamped at work because of the many days the bank is closed during the Christmas-New Years time. And RIS (Reviving the Islamic Spirit) Conference is coming up next week so I'll be volunteering there for the 3 days. Don't know what else to do with myself now that there's no school! Any suggestions...?
6 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
First of all .... congrats on the new position !!! :)
and skating was definitely fun. Hopefully we can do that again soon.
Looking forward to RIS as well....gonna be a hectic weekend!!

faisal.

Blogger RandomLiterati said...
I suggest in your free time you learn how to skate. Skating is fun. There will be many many more skating tripts (Insha'Allah) and you can't be a spectator at all of them. RIS will be great Insha'Allah, can't wait to see everyone there, and people that we don't see that often! And to some of you...have fun in the children's program muhahaha...

Blogger Sarah said...
ur doin Children's program Jooj??? Good.. i won't be alone... I'll try to get u in a cooshy position like myself... love ya, Sarah

[p.s. congrats on the promotion!!! u deserved it baby!]

Blogger twistedbrick said...
DO YOU REMEMBER when we went ice skating at SUNWAY PYRAMID and I PURPOSELY made JENNIFER GOH fall down on the ice and she got all pissed off at me, and then I pushed her into a group of guys who were ogiling her, and she got EVEN MORE annoyed, and then I rang you after that event freaking out that no one at school will talk to me ever again?

Blogger twistedbrick said...
btw, CONGRATS on your promotion...great start to the new year, as well as being graduated!

Blogger twistedbrick said...
It's me again! I saw a photo of you on your friend Sarah's blog. You haven't changed a bit! I like the dresses in all the photos too.