Tuesday, November 16, 2004
Tomorrow is Graduation Day! Yay! I've finally made it through my undergrad years and am graduating tomorrow evening at the St.George (downtown) campus. This calls for a flashback....I remember my first day of university. I woke up an hour before my alarm went off because of the nervous excitement and I remember sitting on the stairs waiting for my friend Shazia to pick me up. My mom started the whole "I can't believe you're so grown up" speech. It's so cliche to say, but that seems just like it was yesterday! And now next thing I know I'm graduating tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have another one in about four years after making it into and out of law school...but that's a whole other story. Undergrad was a great learning experience as I'm sure all the rest of you grads will agree. You get to go through some incredibly stressful, anxiety-filled and confusing times, but in the end it's all worth it...besides the degree and having spent thousands in tuition, you figure out your direction (or lack of) in life. What could be better! Ok so I will let you all know how it goes tomorrow...my parents will no doubt be camera-happy...help....
6 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Congrats hon! Wish you lots more success and happiness in life, luv ya! ~ Neela

Blogger Sarah said...
Awwww.. Congratulations Deeja!! My big girl is graduating... make sure they take A LOT of pictures :) Dont wanna miss a second of your big day.. oooh tell them to videotape it too! :)

Blogger RandomLiterati said...
Ohmygoodness I remember the first day of school as if it were yesterday...UTM seemed so big and scary at the time. We were so excited...what was our first class? Oh yeah Philosophy 100! I don't think we went to more than 3 tutorials all year!!! Sigh, the good old days...to think how fast life is zooming by. All the car rides and stories that we made up, not believing I saw a deer on campus, seeing a tank on Dundas and Mississauga Rd, skipping class to do to the mall...I'm getting all nostalgic now. And the squirrels!!! Can't forget the squirrels...sigh.

Blogger AKA said...
lol...my words exactly! I'm sorry about the deer ok!? But who wouldve believed it - until I came face to face with two of them. And I don't remember ever skipping class...maybe that was just you Shaz =p

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Shazia skipping classes !!!
Thats impossible ..... she's too "masoom" ...
wink wink :)

Blogger RandomLiterati said...
I'm glad you realize that "Anonymous", I wonder if the same can be said about you :P

Where'd the dancing banana go?!?!