Tuesday, November 30, 2004
Hi, my name is Khadeeja, and I'm a TLC-aholic ("Hi Khadeeja!"). THERE! I said it! Feels good to get it out. Well not really, because now everyone wants an explanation! Ok so here I go. I've become addicted to TLC over the past few months. It started early summer I think, when I had to put up with daytime soap operas, which for the record I have never watched but at the same time can't be bother to follow. So I flip around and find TLC's "Perfect Proposal". "Okay...now is this another reality show?? You know the boy-meets-15-girls-and-must-choose-one-in-the-name-of-true-love shows?". I watch a little and find that its actually a show where a guys uses the show to help propose to this then girlfriend using different scenarios. I wasn't new to TLC then...I think most of us have watched at least a little bit of "A Makeover Story" or "A Wedding Story", but then I started watching the evening lineup....the obsession begins!

I became a huge fan of the "Trading Spaces", "While You Were Out", and "What Not To Wear", or as known by people like me, TS, WYWO, and WNTW. I have yet to figure out exactly why or how I became addicted. I think all three shows just have certain elements of different things I like. Sure home decorating doesn't exactly scream drama and excitement, but it's cool to see them transform rooms into completely new ones with just $1000 (yes, I did use the word "cool"!). I mean you're giving someone happiness in their home! What could be better?? Ok so if home decor aint your thing, there's always WNTW. They give some poor homely person $5000 on a Visa to go shopping in NYC. And then they do the whole hair/makeup deal and TA-DA brand new person! And I know many people think that's really superficial etc., but the person always comes out with such a higher self-esteem and happiness then I think it works! And if not, you got $5000 and a free trip to an awesome city, plus a chance to be on TV! And yes I do like all the host of these shows...they all reek of perky bubbliness that it almost makes you sick, but they can be funny too!

And while in the swing of confessions....yes I'm registered on the website too....I think I just lost the respect of a lot of people...lol.

Ok ok....so that is a little not so cool, but my other TV obsession is much better, and you'd all have to agree it's a great show (if you don't agree, then.....well, you suck). What show? ER of course! I'm a huge fan of the show. Every Thursday at 10pm, I am GLUED to the TV, and no one is to talk to me until commercial breaks, or when spoken too, lol. Hey ask my family if you don't believe me! haha. Seriously though, get me started and you might regret it. I won't do it here...though I am tempted, because I think whoever is actually reading this will stop right about here if I did. But it's a healthy addiction! I mean everyone's got that one show or something they love right? I don't tape the show and rewind every moment...so I think that's a few steps behind the crazies who are truly obsessed. And no I don't belong to any ER fan clubs (but if you know of one, please do tell lol).
But they have a brown chick on the show! And Anupaum Kher and his wife were on the show! You gotta support the desi's in Hollywood right?

I think I should stop about now....this might be raising some eyebrows and causing people to take me off their MSN lists hahaha....

but you guys must have some favorite shows right? A little more obssessed than me maybe? Good...it'll make me feel better =)
****************************************************************************

Maaniya has the chicken pox!!! My poor baby sis!!! She's only 5! It's not fair...poor kid has to stay at home for a couple weeks, so she's really not looking forward to that. We all loved kindergarten right? Well I was sort of bullied then (probably a friend of Shazia's), but otherwise I had fun. But Maaniya loves school, so she's sad to not be going. Thankfully she's doing really well. She's not complaining and the chicken pox is not that severe. I had it in gr.8 and it was REALLY bad and I missed out my graduation then because of it. But thankfully both my bro and now Maaniya didn't get it too bad.


7 Comments:
Blogger RandomLiterati said...
TLC is amazing!!! I'm going to be a designer on Trading Spaces one day, so all of you who know me get my autograph now, I'll be famous one day. haha just kidding. ER is awesome but the quality is reaaaally going down, and when Carter leaves I don't know whats going to happen.

Poor Maaniya!!! I hope she gets better soon. Then she and I are going to go and see Spongebob :D and hey I was only a bully till grade 2 not anymore! Come on, anyone who knows me can say that, right......???

Blogger AKA said...
"and hey I was only a bully till grade 2 not anymore!"

Ummm...yea that's what you think!!! Remind me to tell you all the time she stabbed me with a pen...it still hurts Shaz (point to arm...lol remember that!?)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
hehehe u nerd! hope ur sis gets better soon :o)

Blogger RandomLiterati said...
I SWEAR I thought it was the blunt end of the pen!!! :'(

Anonymous Anonymous said...
lol, if Shazi becomes a designer on the trading spaces, she'd paint everyone's house RED! LOL :p And Shaz, you're still a bully!!! You bully me around all the time!! :'(

Hi DEEJA!!! :D

Blogger AKA said...
LOL that's EXACTLY what I though when she said that!! Shaz would paint everything RED! You're not coming near my house with a paint brush :|

Hi....whoever you are!!!

Blogger RandomLiterati said...
Hey there's nothing wrong with red!!! Although painting the walls red might be a little whack, but there would a lot of red decor! But please, a true designer is versatile and conforms to the styles of her subjects so tell me what you want and I'll make it work! =D