Saturday, November 13, 2004
EID MUBARAK!

Another blessed month of Ramadan gone by and it's time for Eid! I want to wish all of you and your families a wonderfully happy and healthy Eid - May Allah (swt) accept all our dua's and keep us in the best of intentions and faith. Ameen!

So where's everyone going for prayers?? I think Coopers is doing it at Trillium again this year, so we'll insh'Allah be going there. And for the second time in the past couple years we'll be having ONE Eid here! YAY! I've always disliked the fact that we become so divided during these times, and have to go around asking who's celebrating what when. But - though I may be completely out of place by saying it - it seems like sometimes these hilaal committees go for the convenience factor? Just because it could fall on a Sunday, they'll announce that Eid is that day because everyone is off from work.

I'm not trying to make any accusations, but just seems like that...am I the only one who thinks this?? ISNA, ICNA and Fiqh Council of North America have declared Eid for Sunday November 14, but I always thought they follow Saudi Arabia, who's announced Eid for this Saturday. Maybe this is a subject better left untouched. A lot of these things tend to get to "political" so it's probably better to leave it up to those officials who run the committees and just follow along.

On another note...I've FINALLY figured out how Robart's library (downtown UofT) looks like a peacock! Ever since someone told me the architectures idea was to build it as a peacock, I've spent so much time trying to figure out what angle exactly they saw this at, because for the life of me I couldnt figure it out. But on Thursday I was downtown and walking along St George and Harbord when I just looked up and there it was! When I saw it, I literally when "OHHH! I get it" out loud, though no one else was with me lol. Just one more of those arbitrary goals in life is off the list...=)
9 Comments:
Blogger Sarah said...
I've been trying to figure that out for years too... how Robarts looks like a peacock... and Yay!! You're gonna be at Trillium... seems like everyone is going there this year ... should be great running into everyone... get ready for madd pictures... even tho I know how much you hate taking pics ... too BAD!

Blogger Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger AKA said...
just for that, i'm going to hide from you!!! i haaaate pictures...so unless you plan on chasing me through the parking lot, too bad for you!

Blogger Sarah said...
haha... I jus may hafto chase you thru the parking lot then!..in my heels... it will be quite a scene. So we can do this the hard way or the easy way.. either way you will end up getting ur picture taken.. and yes I know YOU love ME!

Blogger AKA said...
boo...you suck. (better bring some running shoes then, those heels aint going to help you!)

Blogger RandomLiterati said...
Parting Sarah with her camera is like parting a child from its diapers...you're too attached (ahaha like my analogy?) Anyways, I'm bring my camera too! Oh wait I'm another flash-happy person, I love taking pictures! Eid mubarak to everyone and hope everyone has fun this Eid! And to all of you going to Trillium tomorrow for Eid namaaz...see you at the most happenin' Eid place in the west end! ;)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
EID MUBARAK DEEJA! :)

Blogger AKA said...
Thank you!...you too? it's tough figuring out all these anonymous people!

Blogger RandomLiterati said...
Okay that dancing banana is really freaking me out...