Friday, December 03, 2004
I got this from my Greenpeace newsletter (yes, I'm a treehugger lol ;)). I never knew Kleenex was so evil!!!
------------------------------------------------------------

As part of our campaign to protect Canada's Boreal Forest, Greenpeace has launched a campaign against the maker of Kleenex brand tissue products.

The campaign is intended to convince Kimberly-Clark, the company that makes Kleenex and other tissue products - to stop destroying ancient forests. They can easily do this by getting the fibre that goes into their products from recycled sources.

Currently, the Texas-based (they're not even from Canada!?) paper giant is responsible for cutting down large areas of Canada's Boreal forest: last year alone it used 2,550,000 metric tonnes of virgin fiber to produce its tissue products. Greenpeace has been asking the company to improve its practices and so far the company has refused.

We think it's time to let people know how Kimberly-Clark - and Kleenex - are contributing to the destruction of Canada's forests. We have launched a website, www.kleercut.net, that will keep you informed about this campaign, encourage you to get involved and let you tell Kimberly-Clark what you think of their forest destruction.
------------------------------------------------------------
It doesn't take long, so do a small enviro-friendly and send them a free fax....afterall, if you're reading this, then it's likely you've got a little time on your hands! (it will only take you max 5 mins...please? Thanks =))


2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Go you tree hugging canuks! With the power of the Aussies and Canuks combined, we can save the planet ay!

(I'm typing this thinking of a mountie canadian accent)

From a long lost Australian friend who is not registered on Blogger so I have to be "Anonymous"

Blogger AKA said...
Hmmm...my Aussie fried...wonder who you could be!? I think I'll blow you're cover and let everyone know its Lee-Ann!!! One of my best friends of all time! Thankfully you finally made it to my blog. I hope to see yours up and running really soon =) Miss you!