Monday, November 08, 2004
I usually don't get to drive around too much, other than to work or school - but let's face it, Mavis isn't exactly the most challenging drive. Today I missed my GO bus to go downtown for my class and so I had to take the car. Normally I don't mind driving to Toronto, just as long as it's not rush hour. I left about 4:14pm which is rush hourish I guess and I was good until I hit the Gardiner..(but mind you I did end up taking the wrong exit instead of following the 401...thats about the 4th time I've done that and had to exit at Eglinton just so I could turn around!!!) Once I got on the Gardiner I think every truck in the area somehow found and surrounded me. I hate that boxed in feeling on a highway! And of course when I try to change lanes the man in his little Mercedes SLK decides that would be the perfect moment to speed up and block me off. So I finally make it safe off the Spadina exit, whereupon I have to avert my gaze from the guys trying to get money from people waiting at the stoplight (it's not that I'm mean, it's just that I can't ask them to give me change for my only $20 bill can I??).

Thinking I've been through the worst of it, I calm down a little. But then I realize I havnt even come near the Chinatown area on Spadina....and since there are cars parked in the right lane, everyone is switiching in and out of the lanes, little old Chinese women are scurrying between cars trying to get to the streetcar that is making it way to its next stop, and every two inches I manage to crawl forward, I have to stop becuase the light changes. Parking at U of T is a whole other story...I thought UTM was bad, but here they're not so nice. I spotted the perfect place to park right in front of my class, and got cut off by some other person who couldnt wait until the girl in front of me finished her parallel park. I ended parking farther away and speeding to class because I was late, while trying to finish my iftaari consisting of a chocolate chip granola bar. I always find the drive back muuuccch better and without any complications...anyone else have TO driving stories?
11 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
look on the bright side .....
with all this driving downtown,
you'll have no issues manoevering a sport bike
through the city streets :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
i hate those damn cyclists on the road! i'm always afraid i'm going to hit one of them. Plz deeja dont become one of them!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
listen Deej .....
we must fight the power !!!!
SOMEBODY just wants to be apart of our biker gang :)

Blogger RandomLiterati said...
NO you cannot get a motorcycle I've already said it and thats it!!! Anonymous, whoever you are, don't encourage her!!!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
oh come on
don't be such an auntie !!!!
bikes are so much fun. Just imagine yourself on a shiny new RED sport bike with a RED helmet, RED leather jacket, RED boots, RED pants, and RED leather gloves. Is that enough RED for ya ??? .... hehe

Blogger AKA said...
LOL...see Shaz? There's something in it for you too! You can just sit behind me and look pretty ;). And who are all you anonymous people...hmmm? And yes I want a bike =D It's still not too late to get me a bday gift you know....

Blogger RandomLiterati said...
I know who you are Anonymous!!! I know you want a bike too but what's wrong with you people??? Its so dangerous! It's as bad as Khadeeja wanting to go skydiving and convincing my brother to buy a standard car...I'll never forgive you for that...

Blogger RandomLiterati said...
Oh yeah and "biker gang"??? This sounds dangerous already. And "Anonymous", don't you know by now, you can NEVER have enough red ;)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
you guys are all weird....hydro power! :D

Blogger AKA said...
What's wrong with skydiving!?! Come on, you can't be confined all your life...you gotta live! That being said I don't think I could go skydiving because my mom would kill me before I got to do it. And Shaz your brother wouldve gotten a standard car no matter what I said...I just supported and encouraged his decision =D

Anonymous Anonymous said...
The thought of my parachute not opening and or bunjee cord snapping doesn't do it for me :) Not exactly the way I want to leave this world. Paragliding sounds like fun though....its as bad as riding a bike .. hehe

lets just ignore Shaz....she can be a "party pooper" sometimes :)
hmmmmm.....maybe I should stop makin fun of Shaz
I seem to be the only paki around here :)