Wednesday, February 28, 2007
I can't ice skate - never learned on my own and was never taught

My major in undergrad was psychology, with a minor in geography (social) and almost in religious studies (needed one more full credit that I never bothered with...)

I'm currently on page 2 of "The Book" I'm supposed to have written by the end of November 2006

I used to pick off all the vegetables on my veggie pizza, but now I love the ones with broccoli, zuccini, red pepper and whatever else odd that could go on it...

My mom, dad, my brother and I ( I had just turned 14 and had just started grade 9 in high school) moved from Toronto to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where we lived 2 years. We then moved to California for a year and then we (my mom, dad, brother, new baby sister and I) finally moved back to Toronto just before I started grade 12. This past November marked exactly 10 years since my family and I embarked on this "adventure".

I have a love for the Impressionist era in art history, but have never studied it on my own or know all to much about preceding or following periods.

I also love photography, so much so that I want to use my student loan money to buy a new camera. Though the one I want costs just as much as one credit at school...decisions, decisions..

The first car I wanted was VW Jetta - what I got was a 96 Pontiac Grand Am (which is now resting comfortably in a junk yard somewhere while my Buick LaCrosse has taken its place)

I started working for a bank a little over 4.5 years ago and I both love and hate it.

I'm not allergic to anything that I know of, but I have told people I'm allergic to dogs because of my irrational fear of them (when a woolly mammoth-esque dog comes barrelling across a park at you when you're 6 years old, then we'll talk about 'overcoming fears' - and yes, even the Taco Bell dog scares me)

I hate to be girly and dress up myself, but at the same time I love different types of jewelry and clothing design. And I do have a thing for purses. Guess I am getting girly after all...*yuck*

Skydiving is still something I want to do. Despite the chagrin of family and friends :D

I don't mind the Canadian Southern Ontario winter other than the freezing rain that causes you to have to scrape off an inch of ice from your car windows in the morning when you are running really late for work. AND I am exceedingly afraid of slipping on ice and break bones, which thank God, I have never broken, yet... maybe I should learn to skate...

I'll play it cool, but I love the TV shows Prison Break, LOST, Heroes, How I Met Your Mother and Ugly Betty, Scrubs and above all, ER. Before you think I've shoved my law books under the sofa in attempt to watch all these shows, I'll have you know that I watch them on weekends while eating or simply taking a break. But seriously, don't tell my mom, 'kay?

And before you think I'm an illiterate fool, I am also in between two books right now: Truman Capote's In Cold Blood and Asra Nomani's Standing Alone - this is why I don't have the time/patience/energy/motivation/incentive/consciousness to finish my own book. Don't give me that look...

I am finally learning to cook like the decent Indian girl I ought to be.

I took French until midway through university but still can't hold a decent conversation. Though I also want to learn Spanish and ASL.

I played the clarinet for two years in junior high. The furthest I made it was to second chair. Just wasn't good enough for first. But I have always wanted to learn to play the drums, so maybe that's my true calling? Besides being a lawyer, of course...





Okay, so I've blabbered on about all these things about myself, but what I would like to know is more about other people. Maniac Mommy posted a contest on her blog where she asked everyone to to post something unique and interesting about themselves in her comments section. I thought it was a great idea to find out something new and maybe even discover a few new blogs like she has.

She wanted to get 100 comments, but I know I'm not going to get anywhere near that (though it would be nice), so instead I'm just asking that you post something about yourself - anonymously if you really want, but preferably not. As well, she had it running as a contest, but I thought I wouldn't do that since I know some of you outside the blogging world and it just wouldn't be fair - I couldn't live with the cold looks I'd get afterwards.

So - if possible, please spread the word for my little social-blog experiment and maaaaybe I'll give you a prize. Just don't tell the others.
14 Comments:
Blogger Roohi said...
My ears are not symmetrical.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I'm going to do a post with little known facts about moi on me blog now. Bet ya didn't know that eh? Thanks for the idea!

Blogger singlemuslimah said...
Cool post.
Hmm, little known fact, let's see....
I can't ride a bike and I couldn't drive until I was 21.

I might do this on my blog. Stay tuned.

Blogger Humz said...
I think 60 hour work-weeks are normal - yes I'm an auditor.

Blogger echez said...
I secretly hate being an engineer.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I've had 29 boyfriends.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I love potatos

haha, cute :)

little know fact about me, to most people i come across as being very strong and unemotional...but i cry everytime i watch khubbi khushi khubbi gham :\

and ps to echez-i regreted doing engineering since my first year

Anonymous Anonymous said...
When I was 11, I ate 10 hot dogs in one sitting after baseball practice. (it was an impressive feat for a skinny little girl)

Blogger En said...
Okay, wow! You sound exactly like me in (fact numbers 1,7,8,10,11,16 - drums). Re: becoming a lawyer, well I wanted to...and was pretty close (wrote my LSAT) but then due to some circumstances...decided not to go...although...I am thinking again.

Hmmm...about me....

I've been a curious child. Once upon a time when I was 5, I flung open the car door on the highway (on the 401, Toronto) while my dad was driving at like hmmm...100 km/h? Thank God I had a seatbelt on!

When I was 4, I drank a few drops of Johnson and Johnson's baby shampoo, thinking I can make bubbles (like those crazy monsters did in Sesame Street)

Also, as a kid, I used to love putting Baby Lotion in my hair (I don't know where I got that idea from!)

I swallowed a mint while grocery shopping at Fortinos and then somehow coughed it back out....that is, out of my mouth, while people watched...God that was embarassing!

When I caught the Norwalk Virus (sort of like stomach flu)...I barfed on a customer's shoe (he got in my way)...that too was embarassing!!

I moved with my family to Pakistan for 2 years once (wen to the schools there), then came back to Toronto and then after a year moved back again with them for 2 years...it's been 12 years since I last visited Pakistan.

I got chased by a pitbull and a German Sheppard. Chihuahuas scare me to death!! They're so evil looking!! Cats scare me too!

Okay wow, I could've just posted this on my blog!!

By the way, great post!!! I might just do a post on this someday

Enyur aka Nadia

Blogger Recovering D said...
I do the dog allergy thing too! I hate how in society its not okay to not like animals. Instead we are forced to inquire about one's pets like you would ask about their kids or grandkids. To avoid having to pet dogs, I force myself to sneeze whenever someone brings a dog into the office.

Cute idea, I might do this on my own blog!

Blogger The Dummy said...
lol, Manic Mommy can be a little bit of a maniac sometimes, but that's why we like her. :)

I have a Jetta, and I too wanted to skydive. And I too also worked at a bank for 4.5 years! Plus I just had a dream about ice skating last night.

Weird!

Blogger AKA said...
Sorry my dears, I meant to reply to all the comments but have been super busy with many things!

Roohi - you're ears are lovely regardless of the asymmeticalness

Ruby - No, no I did't (good one ;))

Single Muslimah - Both activities are overrated ;)

Humz - I'm preparing myself to do roughly the same number once I graduate!

Echez - I always thought you'd be a better basketball player anyways...

Anon 1 - not worthy of you

Anon 2 - me too!!!

Confused, Single...- I usually don't cry in movies, but that one scene where he sees his mom after 10(?) years gets me every time!

Anon 3 - Impressive, indeed!

Enyur - Thanks for all the comments! I can only imagine how terrified you're parents must have been - the 401 is insane! And the shampoo thing is exactly why they should have warning labels on everything, kids really will copy anything. Looking forward to reading more on your blog :)

ABCDlaw - glad to see I'm not the only one!

Dummy - Get outta my head dude! lol

Blogger ZenDenizen said...
Abcdlaw - I have a blog in the works about how it's so hard to forge a rapport with anyone at work unless you have dog stories!

AKA sorry about that ticket, I feel your pain.