Thursday, January 11, 2007

Why a new blog?
Why not?

No, really, why?
It's a new year, many things have changed and I wanted to start a new blog for a number of months now but decided to wait until the new year. Plus the URL for the old one never made much sense since I made it up in frustration when my many other choices failed (who knew babygirlangelstarchocolateluvrkittiesarecute would be taken?)

Are you keeping the old one?
I can't handle juggling more than 3 TV shows let alone the amount of work for school, so that'll be a "no". But I have moved over all the archives for my own sake, or in case I have a perturbed stalker who needs to know everything about me and will comb through 2 years worth of posts to find out more.

Will there be any difference between the old blog and this new one?
Not really. Though I had initially thought to change what I would post, I decided that it wouldn't have made sense since I'd eventually wander back to the same format.

What's with the title?
There's a very big reason why the phrase is important to me, and only one other person in the whole wide world knows what it means. That being said, this reason will not make sense or have meaning to anyone else in the whole wide world other than that one person. But the best part is that the title does have more than one meaning besides this super-top-secret one.

Chai is the word for tea in India, and from my understanding many other parts of South Asia and the Middle East. Chai is the first thing offered to guests and a daily ritual (like the use of coffee in North America) for everyone. There are a number of ways to prepare it but usually it's black tea that is boiled with water and milk to make the drink stronger.

I used the phrase "half a cup" because it shows my perspective on life; I'm not a glass-half-empty nor am I glass-half-full person but somewhere in the middle. And my family is of Indian heritage so it just fit in a lot of way.

Are things going to pick up on Lost when it starts again in February?
Good God I hope so.

Are you being endorsed by Lipton or Tetley now?
Though I would be game if an offer was ever sent my way to advertise either brand's products, I am not currently receiving any benefits. Though I will admit that I'm more partial to the Tazo Tea brand of teas, my favourite type being Awake (Tazo Tea reps, holla at cha girl, will you?)

Shouldn't you be studying rather than blogging?
No further questions, please. This concludes the Question and Answer segment of the blog. Please refer any further inquiries to the comments section and they may be addressed. Thank you.


I'd love to hear any suggestions, comment or crticism on the new blog but I'll accept silence as approval as well.

10 Comments:
Blogger Roohi said...
Hey Deeeeeej!

I don't like chai...but I like your blog...so I guess I'll just have to suck it up and like "Half a Cup of Chai" :p

I like how you're embracing change...I still have to learn to do that...slowly...

I'll TRY to be the 10000th visitor on your new blog! I was sad I wasn't for your old one, but now I'm excited! Yes, I'm sad...I know...

Ok bye!

Blogger Roohi said...
Ok...I just noticed that you don't have a new counter for this blog, it's still the old one from your previous blog...

I'm a lil sad...but I'll live...*sigh*...

Blogger Hash & Hana said...
Hey you,

Thought I'd take a break between feeding baby and trying to finish up my 8,000 word thesis. Your blog was a good break!

Hana

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hola....chai eh? okie dokie...can it be masala chai please? and if you don't mind may i have a full cup? thanks.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
hey, nice blog... always good to change up the layout, and yeah, nice name too... i wasn't very fond of 'khaf' either :P

hope you had a great holiday and your exams went well iA...

one question: am i the only one that gets a error message everytime i load your webpage? "There was an error downloading the Flash Player Update..."... just wondering...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Why chai? Why not coffee? Coffee is SO much better than chai...

Blogger AKA said...
Roohi: Thanks for always being my #1 reader (out of the other 9 lol)

Hana: How's the baby? Please send out pics when you can!

Ruby: full cup of masala chai comin' up :)

Rehan: I used to get that message on my old blog but haven't seen it yet on this one. Anyone else have this problem? It maybe the Shelfari thing...I think I'll remove it soon.

Shaz: I think I like both just the same. I started tea first then moved up to coffee. I'm more picky with coffee than tea...this is getting to be a boring comment...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hey! The new site looks great and I agree with Rehan, the name is much better than the last one. Maybe it's my age talking but I love chai more than coffee. I can't help it, I got hooked to it when I was a kid. How's your new term?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
hey nice blog! infact im a great chai fan so ur blog caught my attention...
all those ppl who think coffee is better think again... i'd say nothin can beat hot masala chai on a rainy afternoon!

Blogger AKA said...
Suv: Thanks for reading :) I agree with you completely - coffee has nothing on chai on an afternoon like that!