Monday, February 12, 2007
Blah.

In a word, this is pretty much how I'm feeling these days. Nothing exciting going on, not much to do and being almost bedriddenly sick doesn't help. Other than the few (ok, not so few) TV shows that I've been watching (read: glued myself to, to the point that I will yell at anyone who dares call me during one of the shows I am watching - sorry Mom), there's not much else to do and I feel myself slipping in a serious case of the Blahs. Which, I must warn you, is much more grave than having the case of the "Meh's" (of which, some will remember, I suffered during the Christmas holidays).

I should just blame the blistering winter weather. Everyone else seems to do it. Or maybe I should blame the weather guy on TV for reminding me every evening of what the forecast will be like for the next couple days ahead.

"Why don't you just stop watching the weather on TV if it makes you 'blah'"

...Yes, a possible solution, I suppose, but then I won't know what the weather is like, would I? Now what do you have to say Smarty Pants?




I used to be down with the whole pop culture scene. I knew where Sienna Miller ate last weekend, who wore the fab Oscar de la Renta dress to the latest movie premiere and which starlet just broke up with her latest beau and was on the rebound. Heck, I even used to watch the boring award shows (Golden Globes, AMA's, MTV, Grammy etc). But then I just stopped, cold turkey. I thought only a gossip-patch would be able to wean me off that gooey stuff and help me overcome my dependency. But maybe I just grew up overnight? I didn't even know the Grammy's were coming up until I logged into my daily news RSS feed and noticed the headlines that were announcing winners. I still listen to music and watch movies, but I've just lost whatever it is held my interest in the everyday doing's of the stars.

"I think you just got a life..ha ha ha...um, ha?"


No, I think I realized that I was wasting my time on the flittering of insignificant people who are the very essence of what is wrong with our media and youth. Rather than being focused on political and social issues, we're worried about the designer bag BritJessParNicLindSienKat were seen with. I realized I should get back into reading more books, taking up a more active lifestyle, and focus on growing into a more responsible human being.

That, and I accidentally deleted many of my gossip-blog bookmarks and can't be bothered to remember them. Still...it counts.




The following took place between 9:00pm and 10:00pm [MSN chat conversation].

Check the Rhime....DND writing essay (reach the celly) says:
Yo... werent u gonna write a book or sumfin? lolz

AKA says:
Aren't you supposed to be writing an essay. I figured that's what the "DND" meant..?

Check the Rhime....DND writing essay (reach the celly) says:
lolz. yea im doin it now. ****in 2 many page 2 do. hehe. so for real...u writing a book rite????

AKA says:
Yeah, I think. I'm trying but not getting anywhere. The story isn't working out how I want it to so I've laid the idea to rest for awhile.

Check the Rhime....DND writing essay (reach the celly) says:
lol yea y do all that 4....u need 2 make more moneyyyyyyy :D

AKA says:
Well, that's what this law degree is for. Hopefully if I get a good job once I'm done I can pay off all my student loans quickly.

Check the Rhime....DND writing essay (reach the celly) says:
yea gotta do tha billz....u wanna do corporaote law

AKA says:
Corporate law? No, probably not, I don't think it's for me. I thinking towards either international law or alternative dispute resolution. Both seem pretty interesting from what I've looked up.

Check the Rhime....DND writing essay (reach the celly) says:
na corp lawyers make more money :D:D:D i need 2 make mad cash after im dun skool

AKA says:
What are you majoring in?

Check the Rhime....DND writing essay (reach the celly) says:
business n english...thas what the essay is 4

AKA says:
Right...





16 Comments:
Blogger Roohi said...
I'm an English major too :|

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I don't want to sound cicheish Read books, that's always a good pass time and a good way to focus on things. May be your English major friend can recommend something good.

lol! i don't know why, but the "younger generation" (i probably sound soooo old saying that) tend to talk like that! i think its annoying, esp when i have to read it :\
and about feeling blah, don't worry about it! everyone goes through periods like that...eventually you'll get sick of feeling that way and you'll just snap out of it :)

Blogger Roohi said...
I'm an English major, but I don't talk like that. I know someone who does (actually worse than that) and it takes me forever to read her e-mails.

Blogger AKA said...
Roohi: At least you don't talk like this person. I always wonder if people who write like that will accidentally slip it in on an essay or even resume...

Leibniz: Thanks for the suggestion :) I used to read quite a bit, but then school got in the way and I slowly stopped. But I do want to start picking up the habit again. Anything that you would recommend?

Confused, Single..: You're right, it is the younger generation (stress on the youngER, since we're not that old...yet). And I hope I snap out of it soon..!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
i used to talk like dat 2... but i tink i gave dat up a long long time ago... i still feel itz der sometimez... lolz... dat is sumfin i prolly won't eva looz... 4 reel!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Congrats on deleting the gossip blogs! You go girl!

I have younger cousins who speak/type/irritate the life out of me like that as well...but hopefully they will grow out of it. They way I grew out of saying like, omg, totally...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
LOL @ English and business. You wouldnt have known it by the way he/she was typing that was their major!

Blogger Hyderabadiz said...
Thanks for signing up and we value your support in this call to Hyderabadi Bloggers.
We are trying our best to gather as much as possbile (I mean the sound and the fury, show and tell, look and feel of our true colors).
Push, pull or do whatever to bring more people join the event of uniting Hyderabadi Bloggers.
Best, MT and the Team of Hyderabadiz

Blogger The Dummy said...
I'm retarded and even I don't write like that, lol.

See you at the roll call!

Blogger singlemuslimah said...
I hate that people feel the need to write like that. It's so annoying.

Don't worry about the Blahs; it happens to everyone. You'll snap out of it before you know it.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hmm, what would I recommend. My recommendations usually depends upon the kind of stuff that the person likes to read but here goes. If you haven't read Dostoevsky then I would recommend that you read his short 'Dream of a ridiculous man.' If you like this story then I would recommend reading Dostoevsky's 'Crime and Punishment.' Also Tolstoy's 'War and Peace' but read it only when you have all the time in the world. H G Wells if you like old school sci-fi.

Alternatively you can read

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Alternatively you can read translations of Rumi's work in English.

Blogger Roohi said...
I'm visiter 11000! Sure...it's not as exciting as being visitor 10000 but still!

HAHAHA! Hyderabadiz! I'm so joining!

Blogger Roohi said...
I'm visitor 11111!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!

Blogger AKA said...
Rehan: Say what?

Ruby: my thing was "omg really?" lol

Sumera: I still don't believe it :)

Hyderabadiz: I know only a few, but I'll spread the word as best I can!

Dummy: I can't tell you how long it takes me to decipher what this person and a couple other I know write.

SM: It's slowly starting to wear off now. I think it may have just been not seeing any sunlight for so many months..!

Leibniz: Thank you so much for the recommendations :) I've read Dostoevsky's "Crime and Punishment" and funny enough I've had War and Peace for such a long time but haven't read it yet. I'll have to go hunt for it.

Roohi: Have I told you how adorable you are? lol. You're special no matter what visitor # you are ;)