Friday, October 13, 2006
Umm, excuse me? Mother Nature? Sorry to bother you. I understand this is a busy time with all the changes that are going on with the climate everywhere. But I hate to point out that you sorta skipped a season.

It's not that important, really. It's just, one day I looked out and there was bright sunshine, calm breeze and all-round pleasantness, then many days of rainstorms, which I adore. But then, as I drove home yesterday I noticed all the leaves were yellow - no green to red to orange then yellow, it was a green to yellow. I must admit my shock. True, I have been holed up in my apartment for the last two weeks studying for mid-terms, but I have occassionally looked out the window, for instance when I sneezed and lost track of where I was in my Contracts book, and even though that moment was brief, I didn't see any signs of fall.

And I will also admit that fall is my favourite time of year, and it's not because my birthday is during this season (though, yes, it is a big factor - coming up in 2 weeks, thanks), but everything seems crisp and ready to change that it's just beautiful.

But this year MN (can I call you that?) we seemed to have skipped from later-summer weather to winter - there was a blizzard of FLURRIES today MN. FLURRIES. And not the rain, wet-snow type flurry. The type of flurry that collects and builds up on the car windows. That, MN, is full-out snow. The type that made me get out my touque. And I rarely get that out.

Is this a Michigan thing? Or, has the US skipped on the season of fall when they decided to change day-light savings? Is it to economize? Is it because it's the most volatile of seasons? I understand the government here doesn't like that.

Whatever the reason MN, I really do love fall and was very sad to not see it come and go. I don't mind the winter all that much. Except for the freezing rain. We have to talk about that. It's not helping anyone really, so why? And I ain't mad at cha - I know mistakes happen - I just wanted you to know how I feel.


Maybe next year?
3 Comments:
Blogger singlemuslimah said...
I hate when she decides to skip fall.

Blogger Hash & Hana said...
Hey, I was gonna say what the previous poster said... you're really talented when it comes to writing. Join the law school's student newspaper... you'll enjoy the experience and people will love reading your articles.

Hana

Blogger AKA said...
Singlemuslimah: I know!!!

Rubie: Thank you so much for the kind words but you're being too nice! I really just randomly type this stuff as it comes to me.

Hana: I'm really going to try for it actually. I just wanted to wait this first semester so I'm not too overwheled. Thanks for the suggestion!