Monday, September 25, 2006
The time has come to end this blog.

It's been a good almost-two-year run, and a good many posts (in my humble opinion, or as they say in Internetese -IMHO) and a wonderful group of people who've supported me from the get-go and suffered through a million theme and template changes. You've read the ramblings from my spotless mind, and for that I am eternally grateful (see how I snuck the title in there? Neat-o, huh?).

But, I've come to learn about a medical condition that I have, and I think that along with full-time law studies, I should focus on overcoming this malady.

Folks, I've been diagnosed as a gephyrophobic-anuptaphobic-atychiphobic-consecotaleophobic-decidophobic-
lachanophobic-didaskaleinophobic-pentheraphobic-pharmacophobic-politicophobic-
entomophobic. It's a serious of conditions I have been long suffering and time has come that I seek help. My symptoms have been evident for a long time:


- fear of crossing bridges (gephyrophobia)
Whether I'm walking, driving, running, or looking over one, I don't like it. Imagine me trying to drive with my eyes half shut over the bridge to and from USA and Canada...interesting times) -

- fear of staying single (anuptaphobia)
Who doesn't have this one? Married and committed folks need not answer.

- fear of failure (atychiphobia)
Seriously. What if they kick me out of law school? I'm not going home. Seriously. Can they do that? How exactly would you bribe a professor...?

- fear of chopsticks (consecotaleophobia)
They are a hazard and you know it. I believe they are actually secret mini-fighting sticks. If someone came at me, first thing I would do is to reach for a set to poke the guy in the eyes. BAM! But otherwise, by the time I'm finished trying to hold them, everyone else has finished their meal.

- fear of making decisions (decidophobia)
I can't even decide whether I should post this or no. (See Shaz!?! IT'S NOT ME, IT'S THE DISEASE!)

- fear of vegetables (lachanophobia)
Why all the colours? And crunchiness? Why is everyone forcing me to eat them - conspiracy against the carbohydrates? And why are some "fruits" posing as "vegetables" (I'm talking to you, tomatoe)

- fear of going to school (didaskaleinophobia)
See "atychiphobia".

- fear of mother-in-law (pentheraphobia)
True, I don't have one. But they never seem nice on TV (thought I'm sure yours is lovely). Have you seen "Everybody Loves Raymond"!? This one contradicts the anuptaphobia.

- fear of taking medicine (pharmacophobic)
Don't trust the drug companies. Don't trust their pills. Except that banana-milkshake tasting stuff I got when I was a kid. That was some good stuff.

- fear or abnormal dislike of politicians (politicophobia)
Hmph. They all have shifty eyes and are mean. That whole kissing babies and shaking hands with the elderly thing is a SHAM. Personal agendas get ahead of the necessity of over-promised change. Yes, yes - I know there are some good ones out there. Kudos to them. But a few good ones are not going to influence the baddies. I could go on, but I've past my three sentence limit.

- fear of insects (entomophobia)
Creepy, crawly, yucky. I never win that "don't you dare move until I run out the room and get my brother to smush you" game. They always move...I think they sense fear.

So you see, after such a bevy of ailments, I can't possibly concentrate on my well-being and this blog and a loads of school-work, can I? Oh no...can I?! Uh oh..I feel a slight spasm of ergophobia coming on...
4 Comments:
Blogger RandomLiterati said...
YOU ARE A CRAZY PERSON!!!

And don't end this blog, it's entertaining!!!

Blogger Hash & Hana said...
Noooo!! Don't end the blog. Or you can end it (like Shazia ;)), but don't officially announce it... this way, we'll at least have a ray of hope...

Hana

Blogger AKA said...
crazy? CRAZY! CRAZY!?! CRAZY!?!?!?



Who, me?

Blogger Sarah said...
For a second there i thought you were serious... don't scare me like that my blog buddy (tho I've been lacking of late)... it.. you brighten up my days at times. So keep rambling about being crazy.. because you are very convincing sometimes.. hehe.

And note to self, never drive with Deej on a bridge.. with her mother in law eating vegetables with chopsticks.