Thursday, August 03, 2006
On the surface, I'm the 'quiet observer'. I'm pretty easy going as far as I know - I'm not picky, I don't get into arguments, and I don't yell at the Tim Horton's lady for getting my order wrong. Though I do have a teeny, tiny anger problem. My temper flares up easily (but cool down just as quickly - kinda like a gas stove...?) and though I've learned not to hold grudges, I still feel like my temper gets the better of me. I end up saying and doing things I wish I hadn't in the heat of the moment, and then because of my stubborn nature, it takes me awhile to come around an apologize.

A few people have said this is all because I'm a
Scorpio. But as much as the characteristics of that zodiac sign apply to me (completely), I have a tough time believing a set of stars have laid out my personality (am I really that predictable?) and all the other millions born at during that time. Though it seems people are predisposed to a certain nature, such as being an extrovert/introvert, it has more to do with nature and nurture than a few hundred massive, glowing, interstellar, gaseous bodies (stars, people...stars).

A good friend who I recently had a surprisingly long chat with told me to write out the things that anger me. Sort of a release. Though I'm not really inclined to write out deep thoughts on a public blog, I figured I'd list a few of the smaller things that get me angry (I had to start somewhere, S.M.):


  • LSAT
  • Slow drivers in the left lane
  • When someone messes with the showerhead
  • Shifting the angles of the mirrors in my car (I know where you live...next door to me!)
  • PeOplE WhO AlwAYs TypE LiKe ThIs
  • "Hi lol." "How are you?lol." "That sooooo funny looooooollllll." "lol, really? lol" "lol. yes i do think that the war should end. lol"
  • trucks
  • being a people pleaser
  • people who try so hard to be different, that the only reason they're different, is to show up others (everyone knows one person like that, don't they?)
  • Trucks that think they're cars
  • People who walk into the bank, on a Saturday, last/first day of the month, 15 minutes before closing, and complain about the line up. ("Yes sir it's busy. Yes, I invited them all here for kicks, just in case you showed up today. Why? To mess with you head, sir.")
  • Gold teeth. (a few hearts in the ATL just broke)
  • LSAT (the 2nd time)
  • Folks who comments on how disgusting a certain meal or dish is...while you are eating it
  • Teenagers (most of them. Were we all as annoying as they are these days!?)
  • Waiting (and waiting and waiting...and waiting) for law school letters.
  • Insomnia
  • Pompous-ness
  • Leaving milk out on the counter (so it becomes room temperature when the next person wants it)
  • Bush supporters (on par with teenagers and trucks)
  • CNN (see above)
  • LSAT
  • ((the fact that I use so many parentheses [in all my writing] {unnecessarily}) can't help that I have too much to say [it annoys you too, doesn't it!?])

Ok that's all I can think of, for now. It does feel good to get that all off my mind. But do feel free to vent and add your own. My blog is your blog - though it's still mine.

(Did I really compare myself to a gas stove..!? [shoot, I used parentheses...again!])
3 Comments:
Blogger Hash & Hana said...
LSAT made it to your list 3 times?! Hahaha. I almost forgot how much I hated the LSAT too... until I remembered that my EBay id is ihatethelsat! Once you start law school, you'll realize grades and the LSAT don't make a damn difference to how you actually perform.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I hate the milk on the counter thing. You put the milk on the counter.

Blogger AKA said...
"Anonymous said...
I hate the milk on the counter thing. You put the milk on the counter."


LOL. I know who this is. Little do you know brother dear that I only do it when you're around because it bugs you a million times more than it bugs me.