Sunday, January 09, 2005
It's Day 3 of the Temptation: Instant Messaging Project and so far so good! Until now I've kept myself moderately busy enough to not even have time to sign in, which may just be the strategy for the following two weeks! Friday was Day 1 and I was at work the whole day then went out with the crew in the evening. I missed the skating because I got off work late, but since I don't know how to skate I didn't mind so much. We went out to dinner then coffee/dessert and had fun just talking and hanging out (thanks to Shaz for planning the event =)).

Most of Saturday was spent at work until about 4, then I went out for some shopping after. In the evening I stayed home but watched Back to the Future back to back to back (i.e. parts 1, 2 and 3). I've seen the first part of that movie dozens of times, but it was the first time I got to see the second and third part and they were really good! Good ol' Michael J. Fox, poor guy's been dealing with Parkinson's Disease for awhile now, and though he looked pretty good the last time I saw him on TV (when Conan O'Brien came to TO), you can see how the disease has started to take its toll on him.

Sunday I woke up laaaate and went out with mom again, she dragged me and my sis around for Eid shopping while we whined and gave her trouble :p. But later in the day as I started to get a little bored, the temptation to go on MSN started creeping up. You know...just wanted to see who was online lol. But I distracted myself with some final law application stuff (and now I'm taking a break to write this...) so I think I've been successful in warding off the MSN plague. Though that's all great, I just think...I've got 11 more days of this!
4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
This no MSN project is drivin me nuts :)

faisal.

Blogger AKA said...
LOL...I didn't think you were going to stick with it! Since you were so undecided on thursday. but congratulations and welcome, it'll be a tough couple weeks, but i think we'll be ok =D

Blogger RandomLiterati said...
Day 1-4 of the MSN: All the time Project

It's been a quiet few days on MSN without seeing some of the usual people online. It makes you wonder whether they are really online or whether they just have everyone blocked and secretly come online for the heck of it. Because it really surprises me that people who are online all the time are really not logged in (REHAN!!!) As I log into MSN and begin chatting away I often wonder what the non-MSN users are filling their now empty time with. As I continue my conversations I wonder what enriching activities they are engaging in and whether their lives are more fulfilling, or whether they are mindlessly wasting time avoiding the temptation to take that mouse and just click "Sign In". Have they become more inclined to using other methods of communication such as the phone or have they become social hermits for two weeks??? What sort of impact will this have on their lives and future of MSN?? I suppose we will have to wait till the end of the two weeks to find out the answer. Till then I will continue to observe the world of MSN in the absence of everyone partaking in this project. On a side note: HAHA Faisal I knew you couldn't do it!! =P and Khadeeja I miss you, come back on MSN!!! Oh and Iram called the blog a blob...not sure why...

Blogger AKA said...
whoa...you talk real good shaz :p