Thursday, April 21, 2005
I'm trying my best to tackle that mountain of a list of things-to-do-while-out-of-school. Some of them I mentioned a couple posts ago. I've also begun to catch up on my reading habit. I've always been an avid reader since I was tiny. I read anything and everything and sped through novel after novel. A lot of the times I read while I was supposed to be sleeping by using a flashlight in my room until I fell asleep with the book in my hand. I read everything from the ever popular Babysitters Club (they were actually good!), a little bit of Sweet Valley High, (though I never got into them like the other girls), RL Stine (remember him??) to less extreme science fiction (best on to date, A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L'Engle), Roald Dahl, classic literature (Jayne Eyre, Pride and Prejudice) and on and on...

What I never really picked up was non-fiction of any kind, other than what I used for school research. So my new thing is to read biographies. My guilty pleasure is reading celeb gossip...sad (very sad), but true. Though, for the record, I've never bought magazines, I read articles on the internet a lot of the times. So I figured to deter this ill-conceived habit, I'd turn my attention to more influential people than Lindsay Lohan. I've made a list of all the people I've wanted to learn about and plan on reading their biographies. My first is The Autobiogrpahy of Malcolm X, and though I'm only 8 pages in, I'm amazed at his life (or rather, what I've read about so far).

Here's my list of to be read biographies:
Che Guevera
Queen Noor
Pierre Trudeau
Hitler
Nelson Mandela
Moussilini
Yasser Arafat
Napolean
Gorbachev
Mother Theresa
Martin Luther King Jr
Dalai Lama
Gandhi
Pope John Paul
Albert Einstein

Any other suggestions?
5 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
"The Biography of Pervaiz Musharraf" is a great read! :P

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Deej man...babysitters club, sweetvalley and R.L. Stine novels totally rocked back in the day...i still have my R.L. Stine collection and refuse to give them away to anyone :p

You know who's bio is soo interesting...Mohammed Ali's...that's a must read!!

Blogger AKA said...
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I saw the movie 'Ali' so I thought I could say I read it without actually having to :P but I do want to learn more about him so will pick it up. Thanks again!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
The history of King Henry and the shift of the Catholic church is interesting (long, but interesting).

-raj

Blogger RandomLiterati said...
The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) :) very inspirational