My last post, which I wrote out in a record time of 1 hour (usually it takes me a few hours to write and rewrite my entries once I filter out the nonsensical strings of sentences) made me realize how different my thought process has become compared to a few years ago. The naive me would have completely said that our heart would win - no contest. But as I'm growing up I've come to understand the small sacrifices we have to make and the realities we have to confront in decisions of all sizes. I guess its natural to learn this, or maybe just fortunate to realize it now than later. And it's also allowing me to appreciate my parents in another way. I always think about why they don't go away on more vacations or chose a career second to what they wanted. But it's the turns their lives took that persuaded them to take steps that would be best for the family rather than just themselves.

I'd love to be able to make decisions from the heart (hell, I'd love to be able to make a decision as is) but as I'm coming to realize, I can't always do that. I've got people to look out for, goals to meet and plans to make and it all can't be done if I choose what I want first.

See? It's all adult-talk! What the hell...!? It comes out in spurts here and there, in wise-teary-eyed-caring-thought-provoking speeches that I didnt think I could conjure up.

And it'll only get worse.
2 Comments:
Blogger Sarah said...
Had to happen one day Deej. :D

Anonymous Anonymous said...
hehehe..u feel bad now, think about how bad it'll be in about 5 years! dont sweat it kid, u'll be fine ;)

raj