Monday, June 19, 2006
Monday morning at work.

7.50am - Arrive at work, Tim Horton's (2 milks and 1 sugar, please) in hand

7.52am - Say my 'good mornings' to everyone after logging into my computer

7.54am - Chat with coworkers

8.00am - Doors are open for business (the early rising customers arrive)

8.01am - Go to thestar.com --> skim headlines; read the editorial cartoon; read the comics (Sherman's Lagoon is a must)

8.07am - Read actual news stories

8.25-30 - Go to torontosun.com; read more comics (Adam and Ziggy)

9.00am - Customer arrives; try to pan him/her/them off on someone else

9.20am - Customer leaves

9.30am - 11.59pm - More arrive...more leave; attempt actual "work"; log in to MSN while attempting "work"; go to my daily visited websites; check on any eBay auctions I'm bidding on.

12.00pm - LUNCH!

1.00pm - Now it's busy (boo) must put on the professional persona and model employee cloak and carry on with the afternoon

4.00pm - T-minus 30 minutes and counting; pretend to be busy so I don't have to serve more clients

4.10pm - 20 minutes to go

4.25pm - Store away files and work (i.e. throw into drawer where I can worry about it tomorrow)

4.30 - Freedom! I mean, ahem, home time...how quickly the day goes.


6 weeks to go...
4 Comments:
Blogger Hash & Hana said...
Here's what I do:

10:00: get my butt to work (was supposed to be here 1 hr ago but tell boss that will be working until 6:00 today)

10:00-12:00: surf, blog

12:00-2:00: lunch

2:00-4:00: do some work

4:30: leave after boss leaves

I know, I should be better. But hey, I'm efficient and it takes me 2 hours to do what others would take 8 hours to do (hey, it'll take a 3rd grader that long so I'm not lying!)

Blogger RandomLiterati said...
heres my day:

7:38: get into the hospital, line up for coffee

7:45: get into the office

7:45-8:30: read the toronto star (i actually read the NEWS part =P)

8:30-9:15: talk to coworkers

9:15-11: randomly surf the net, slack off

the rest of the day: rush becuase i know i slacked off too much and have to get the work done!!!

Blogger AKA said...
You may read the news but you spend about 2.5 hours of the day doing non-work...slacker! (says the girl who spend the morning reading comics...lol)

Blogger Sarah said...
Wow.. you guys have real jobs! I need to get me one of those.. whoa Hana.. just noticed ur 2 hour lunch!

And Shaz i know what you really do at work.. it starts with Bhangra..

And Deej.. you gotta stop the counting down!!