Friday, June 09, 2006

To my friend,


I know I've been an idiot (maybe a little worse than that but I'm going to stay away from profanity). Last week on the phone I was rude to you without intentionally doing it. I didn't mean for what I said to come out the way I said it. I was on the other line with someone, aruging, and so upset and still "in the moment" I switched over to you a lost, what I though I was maintaining fairly well, my cool.

I know you're only and always worried about my well-being, and for that I'm forever grateful to you. I've been so frustrated and at ends with myself lately, as the numbers on my countdown get smaller, that I've become irritable, and immersed in self-wallowing. You don't deserve to get the bad end of that though. And it's truly beyond me how I've been blessed witha friend like you. I sometimes think it's just so I can make myself a better person. And to make it worse I went a week without saying an apology. Probably, as always, afraid of confrontation, but more so because I didn't know what to say or how to say it. I know I've kept you upset for a week and that makes me feel worse.

I know this has been our sensitive point - me not saying what upsetting me, and then getting you upset. I never learn do I? But the miracle is that you've always stuck by me. And I know with your heart, you will continue to always do so (it sounds like I should be proposing to you about now doesn't it?). Regardless of what happens in 2 months from today, I'd be only good-fortuned if I can stay as close friends with you today and even three years from now.

I'm out to publicly embarrass myself with this apology on this blog because I very well know I deserve it. With any luck, you'll forgive me and we can continue what we once were. And you can talk me out of buying another purse of eBay.


**********
Words of praise, with heavens name
This friendship I adore
And with it I have become so much more;
we stand through it all.
This sisterhood helps me to believe when
one of us sets astray,
The other is there to strengthen the way.
Hand and hand, we try to understnand.
As Muslims, we're strong, as we follow
Allah's plan.
Together we walk; and just so you know,
This sisterhood you see
Mean so very much to me!
(You wrote this for my birthday 3 years ago)
**********
To my other friend, who I know doesn't read "blobs" I'm still going to apologize with every bit of my heart because you were there that night too and I know I've upset you too. I stick by what I said at your wedding - I'm truly blessed to be a part of your life as both a friend and a family member, and I hope you will be able to forgive me too. Since your not blog-wise, I'm going to make sure to call you and hopefully you can venture on to this site to see it in writing. Though I won't see you online at early/late hours of the morning/night anymore so we can have our half-sleepy insomniac chats, I'm going to make every effort to be there for you until I'm here, and then after.
1 Comments:
Blogger Hash & Hana said...
Awwww. It takes a lot of courage to recognize one's own shortcomings, but it's a good quality.

Hope you're not stressing too much about law school already.

Hope we meet up some time before you take off missy.