Tuesday, May 23, 2006
Ode to a Spur.

From this point on, I'm forever cursing Dirk Nowitzki, aka "Disco Dirk". Sure, being a good, nay, great player isn't your fault. Nor is it your fault that you signed to the Mavericks. But beating out my team yesterday - you just didn't do right DD. And I did like you before this, despite the hair.

Now poor Timmy has to go fishing. I don't think he even likes fishing!? See what you've forced him to! He could've still been playing strong in the finals with his buddies Tony and Manu. Actually I blame Manu a little for yesterday. But s'all good G. We still love you.

To my brother, the anti-Spurs enthusiast. There will be no "I told you so" around the house. Let's just maintain the peace, and let me mourn my team. Afterall, it's your fault that I'm in this mess to begin with. You and your basketball fanaticism..ism. Let's just move on from this moment, and go with our boy Nash and his team. Purple and orange are my new colours (though black and white will be underneath - behind the purple and red of course).

Tim, my friend, I've looked up to you since your rookie days with the Spurs. When you did those amusing Edge shaving cream commercials with David Robinson. You've come a long way, and to me, you'll always be one of the "good guys" (remember all the awards and accolades you got for that?) and above all, champion.

Keep your arms raised in victory - we've always got next season.
2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
LOL...SPURS SUCK!!!!

I'm glad theyre out. MIAMI ALL THE WAY!


Didn't know u had such a passion for the Spurs.

Raj

Blogger Sarah said...
Yeah me neither! I thought u were a Raps fan all the way! And yippee doo dah day... Raps got #1 draft pick in a sucky draft. :)