Tuesday, April 25, 2006

On Good Friday, my good friends and I headed down to Niagara Falls for the day to do all the touristy things we could fit into one day. It was actually meant as a "Bachelorette Day Out" since one of my friends is getting married 17 days (!!!).

All in all we had a great time. The weather was terribly foggy and raining off an on, but we had a great time nonetheless. True to most 'girls only' events, I can't divulge all our secrets and inside jokes (because for most of them, you just had to be there) so instead here are just some of the pictures I took. You can see all of them here


usually post personall stories or events that I'm attending, I'll leave that to my friends who are good with putting up pictures on time and telling the stories. I, on the other hand, will prefer to write a lengthy post about some obscure thought.






Interesting architechture














The view from the White Water Walk
Bridge/path along the WWW


One of us graffitied a rock with all of our initials...muahaha...we're badasses


Two years ago the elevator that takes you down to the WWW got stuck, so we were stuck in this tunnel and around the WWW area for 2 hours with about 150 other people. The Niagara Regioanl Police's genius idea to rescue us after 2 hours? Take 2 people up at a time on a 30-year old monorail which hadn't been used in about 20 years. And to make the matter more comoforting, the monorail, which seated only 2 people other than the driver, went at a snail's pace (though I'd bet my money on the snail). After taking the first pair up, the elevator's started up. We made a beeline down this very tunnel and made sure we were the second group to go up (in case it got stuck again). We got free ice cream when we got back up so all's well that ends well.



Beautiful trees

Clifton Hill


So whaddya think? Maybe I could one day make Sam from DDOI proud? (I'll settle for jealous)
5 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
The pictures are great..makes me wanna go to niagara falls again...Very talented you are Khadeeja...:)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Been years since I went down to Niagra. Great shots to bring back the memories.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Wow! Amazing pics...who knew I had my very own professional photographer under my nose for so many years...coulda saved a bunch for my wedding! Thanks a lot :P

I really think you should pursue your interest though. Law is great and all, but you love photography and writing so make sure you make it an equal part of your life.

love - furheen

Blogger Hash & Hana said...
Nice pics. Do you have one of those fancy, professional digicams? Who's getting married?

Okay, back to cramming.

-Hana

Blogger AKA said...
Umm I wouldnt call my camera fancy. I guess it may have been slightly fancy schmancy when I bought it a couple years ago. It just has these cool colour filters that let me do B&W, sepia tones etc.


IRAM IS GETTING MARRIED!!! WOOOOOO!!!! In exactly 2 WEEKS!