Tuesday, May 30, 2006
Having a younger sibling is tough. A much younger one is even tougher. There's about 16 years between me and my sister, so being the eldest of three, I'm fastened with the duty of making sure the younger one is included in all that we do. Which is tough, though as she gets older, it's becoming somewhat easier to include her in the things we do. We took her to a Raptors game back in March, and she still talks about it as if it was last week.

My mom is set out to make sure that she never feels neglected and that she gets to do all the wonderful things me and my brother got to do as kids. So this weekend, despite my whining, we went to Toronto Island to spend the day there. My brother got to sneak out of it...he says he had to "work" - I'll bet. But I, having no work on a Sunday nor the excuse of any other usefulness to complete, had to tag along for the day.

The guilt trip I've been using on other people ("I'm leaving in 2 months...don't you want to do what I say before you never get to see me again??") back-fired in my face, Hindenburg-style.

My mom, who should be given a shout-out for her counter-tactic and timing, reminded me that in 2 months, I'll be moving away from the little girl who admires and looks up to me like no other person in the world could be better. That in 2 months, she'll have to live pretty much like an only child and is unprepared to understand how her life will change - couldnt I spend just one day with her doing the things she wanted?

Guilt-ridden and open-mouth I could only gape at that reality and quietly have her lead the way out the door.

Surprisingly, it wasn't all the bad. I even got to go one some of the rides :D . The day was absolute gorgeousness. Not too hot, not too cold, not a lot of sun, clear blue sky. As a result, I got some nice pictures, though I realized afterwards a couple came out a little tilted (do I have some sort of problem with me?? Maybe one leg is shorter than the other...!?).

They're not all that good at all but I thought them nice anyways. I want a new camera! But since my finances are tied up, that's not happening anytime soon (anyone have about $800 lying around?) regardless, here they are:


*Taken on the ferry going to Toronto Island *Tree (one of many tree pictures)


*They need a sign for that? *Sun shining through a tree (one of my favorites)



*The trees here at this point somehow grew to form an archway
* My sister on a ferris wheel ride (she's the one on the left)
*My sister and I went on one those little trains that takes you all around the Centreville theme park area, so I got to take these pictures from there.

*Taken from above, in one of those sky ride things that went from on side of the park are and back.



* Fountain by the garden area *Finally reached the beach


*All of these were taken by the pier and beach by Lake Ontario.
*Very last of the tree shots...
1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
wow you've got some amazing pictures! and it serves you right for using a guilt trip on anyone. At least now I'll be prepared in case you try to use it on me ;)

- Furheen