So with my 23rd birthday passed I though it'd be a good time to reflect on my past. Maybe dig up some old memories, laugh over the silly ones and shudder and the ones that still sting.

I still have trouble with admitting deep confessions on an online journal because I do have to face many of you and I don't think I could after sharing embarrassing secrets. But then I got-a-thinkin'...what if we all shared a confession while being anonymous?

Ever been to PostSecret? It's sort of an online confessional that I discovered a few months ago. It's actually an art project started by some individual who began asking people to send in a secret on a postcard and he would post it on his blog. He's been so successful that he's made a book and has held exhibits showing these postcards. The band "All-American Rejects" also used images from his site for their music video. Some of the images are disturbing, some funny, and some just odd. But it's simply amazing.

You realize how on the inside, we're all confused and we all have some dark shades to our past. This site allows people to share a secret they've been harbouring and possibly allow them to come to peace with themselves. Some of the images are a little disturbing too and a some rate R so be warned. But a lot of the secrets are just so raw and can floor you when you read and understand what human nature is like.
_____________________________________________________________

So here's the deal.

I challenge you all to use the comment section of this post to write one secret or confession as "Anonymous".

As on the site, each secret can be a regret, hope, funny experience, unseen kindness, fantasy, belief, fear, betrayal, desire, feeling, confession, or childhood experience.

No one will know who you are an no one will judge you, I will make sure of that. If it's something you've been wanting to get off your mind, here's your chance. I'll be sure to post something too to keep it fair, but won't be the first because that'd just be too obvious.

Even if you hate my blog (but continue reading for some odd reason) or love it, here's your chance to criticize and ridicule without ever having to ever hear back from me.

---> When and if you choose to comment, remember to select "Anonymous" as your identity and not your blogger ID <---
8 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I hold doors open 4 ppl just to hear them say thank u!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
i have a confession... i have an illegitimate child in 3 different countries... sadly, i've never met any of them... i get sent their pictures every now and then... the eldest is turning 10 this december... if u'r reading this alphabeta (his name, don't ask), happy birthday!...

ps... i really hope noone finds out who i am, cuz that would be absolutely horrifying!!!

Blogger AKA said...
Mr.Anonymous #2, I am right now giving you one of Shazia's trademarked meanest looks because you've been identified.

The Alphabeta gave you away - confess!!!

c'mon...this is supposed to be serious. That's the trend with this blog. One serious, one nonsensical then one sorta funny post.

*sigh* no one will do this will they? darn you all...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I like watching people open presents and get excited! :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
When a guy is too into me it turns me off of him... but if he doesnt pay much attention.. makes me want him even more. :S

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I lead men on.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
i lead on women who lead men :P

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I get jealous very easily and over the littlest things. So to those I get jealous over, I'm sorry!