Monday, September 05, 2005
So it's about 4am, and despite my every attempt to fall asleep for the last 3 hours, I'm still wide awake and frustrated. I tried reading, music, games, and even tried counting the number of cars that passed our house just by listening to the sounds made (in the last half hour I think it's been about 20 or so...where are all these people going at 4am???).

Then I got on my computer and started roaming the world of blogs. Any time I stumble across an interesting looking blog, I bookmark it for future readings (for a night like this, or possibly to steal ideas from for my own blog entries muahaha...I've yet to do that though, really!). I find more blogs as I click on links that people have put up of their friend's own blogs and find more interesting people and learn tidbits about their lives. I then came to realize how amazing this blogging phenomenon really is. You could be reading something airy and light about someone's weekend, then the next blog you click on, you find a person's most inner thoughts and confessions laid out to make peace with on the internet.

The best, and maybe worst, part about blogging is that you may never meet the person you become so fascinated with even though you may both be in the same city.

Best, because not knowing who your readers are may allow you to confide more thoughts and opinions without worrying about having to face these people the next day at the office.

Worst, because so many times you may feel you have something in common with the blogger, but dont have any form of communication with them other than through the comments on their blog.

My fear is that one night in the midst of an insomnia spell I blog about some deep, dark secret and don't realize it until the next day. Though it may not be so bad to have others find out more about you, since I really do think people are not honest enough about the true them, it's still a scary thought.

Maybe it's the constant sound of tapping on the keyboard, or the white glow of my computer screen...or just that it's 4:10am...but now I'm getting sleepy....

Good night =) [and pls forgive the nonsensical sentences and typos...did I mention it's 4am?]
4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
wow counting the number of cars passing huh? i thought i was the only loser who did that! you're not alone afreeeeeeen haha. (ok that was sad). You should've started reading those thick philosophy books, that would've bored you to sleep or even better...CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC :D
-Farrah

Blogger AKA said...
LOL...i'm addicted to those Shopaholic books man...i read the first three in about4 days, and waiting to get my hands on the 4th!

Blogger Roohi said...
I couldn't fall asleep last night either! And I was trying so hard because I had to get up early this morning to go to CNE! I came on the computer at like 12:30ish and then I started to feel sleepy, so I went back to bed and then I wasn't sleey anymore! I came back on the comupter at like 1:30ish and once again, I started to feel sleepy, so I went back to bed and yup, again I wasn't sleepy anymore!!! Finally I fell asleep, I don't know at what time, it was sometime after 2, but then it wasn't a good sleep, kept waking up a lot :( Lol, but CNE was fun! :D

Blogger twistedbrick said...
80% of my blogs are written at 3 or 4am when I'm supposed to be doing my assignments instead or when I can't sleep.

I decided to post a silly article tonight on my blog that I will not even dare tell people in my class about, since I'm not close friends with any of them anyway. I do talk about the topic in my upcoming article to my close friends though.

I never give my blog out to people I know unless I feel comfortable with them reading it. I never give it out to people I've met online, because then once they've read it, they'll think they know everything about me, but that is far from the case. However, it is strange that I feel totally comfortable with strangers from around Australia and the world reading it. Whether I will even meet them or not in person depends - it feels very stange meeting someone who has read everything about me. However, I guess that's what celebrities have to deal with all the time, and I better get used to it if I want to become a famous something or another!