Sunday, August 28, 2005
"You can steal my thunder, but beware that my lightning can strike anywhere"

As you grow older you come to realize more and more that, sadly, the world has many bad people. The worst being those who seem to be nice on the surface, but have bad intentions underneath. In this reality, you also realize there is little you can do to control another person's actions (unless you're some sort of voodoo expert). It's always been difficult for me to forgive and forget. I usually mull over a situation and sulk about what happened and why. Maybe deep down I’m just a really angry person straining to get out, or just someone who has a hard time letting go. At the moment, either option doesn’t seem very good.

I’m slowly learning that if someone does happen to hurt, disappoint, or just anger me, I’ve got to back away from the situation and turn my head. Simple as that. Why give so much attention to someone (or something) who doesn’t care for you? You could be off doing a million other things that would make you happy.

That’s where the quote comes in. Any time someone steals your thunder… realize that it’s not the end of the world, and that sooner or later things will work out in your favor (it’s all about karma) and that when it’s your turn to be noticed or make your mark, it will be as bright and distinct as lightning.

(No one has done anything to me….just something I thought I’d share :) )
5 Comments:
Blogger Roohi said...
I totally understand what you're saying! I think I used to be a more trusting person, but over the years I became the kinda person who just keeps things to herself...I know, not very healthy, but what can you do right? I mean, I still trust people, and I believe them when they tell me something, but I don't necessarily trust them with my things...get what I'm trying to say? :s If you don't that's ok, lol, I'm not even sure I understand myself! :p

Ok, now to more exciting things...you put up a link to my blog, yay!!!! Now everyone go and leave me a mssg!!! My blog is the last one on her list...its not as exciting as Deeja's blog, but whose is right?!?! :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
just do what i do, when someone steals u'r thunder, steal it back from them, cuz two wrongs ALWAYS make a right... hahaha... muhaahahaaha (6)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Deej, this post totally hits a cord with me. I can totally relate. And to Roohi's comment...i know exactly what you mean...that's because I am exactly how you described yourself! I'd like to share a story with u guys. A couple of weeks ago I was in the middle of a situation where this person was trying to test my buttons (being very rude, trying to see when i would explode). I wasnt able to say anything to that person to put them in line, but when I got home I got so mad at myself for not saying anything to their face. That week, on Jummah the kutbah was ironically on hatred towards people. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. The maulana stated, that we have the right to hate someone who has done wrong to us. But dont' hate someone to the extreme, because you never know when you'll have to love them in the future. To me this meant that I had the right to tell this person how i felt about them and what they were doing/saying to me but that i had to keep things civil and not say something that would be tooo extreme.

Deej, i think the best remedy to over come the anger we feel when someone does something of this sort to us is to talk one on one with the person. Be open with ur feelings but at the same time stay within a limit.

Deej, mashaAllah, you're one of the sweetest girls i know, and if anyone tries to step over you, you have to step up for yourself. Dont ever forget that!

Blogger Roohi said...
Yay Romana! Plus Deej...we got your back! ;) Ok, so I might be little, and it may look like I can't do much, but hey! Little ppl can be fiesty! :D

Blogger AKA said...
LOL...Roohi, you and Shaz prove the fiestiness thing to be true ;)

The problem with me Romz is that I never know what to say at that moment that I should say it to that person. In fast, I don't think I've ever been able to confront anyone.

Not that I would continue to put on a fake smile with them...I may just start to avoid them, but I may never get to the root of the issue.

I KNOW this will cause big problem in the future for me, and I have to learn to confront people with my honest feelings...

You think they have courses for this sorta thing? lol

And thanks Roohi and Romana...and Rehan..I know you guys would stick up for me :)