Wednesday, February 02, 2005
I went back to UTM (the university i just graduated from) today for a few things, and it felt really weird! I felt like an outsider and didnt recognize any faces. It does feel good to have graduated and all, but at the same time I wish I was back in school, going to lectures, stressing over papers and assignments....somebody test me please!!! Multiple choice...short answer..heck, essay questions! Anything!

I guess because ever since I started university, I've never had a break. I've always taken summer school and winter breaks were so short that they were barely noticeable. So now that I haven't been to a class in a month, my mind feels fuzzy and I need some sort of intellectual stimualtion to keep me going.

So guess where I found this exciting and plentiful resource?

Naseeb.com. I kid you not. I've spent the past few days logging in, reading profile after profile, getting salamed and messaged by 30+ year olds who are all out looking for their soulmates. I've update and re-updated my own profile, visited those of all my friends and now am stalking strangers. Well not "stalking" just reading journal and stuff they put up. Hey, it's like checking a blog right?

Sadly, other than my job, I've got nothing to do! I've always had a part-time job and school, so have managed to fill up all the empty hours. But now that school is momentarily out of the picture, and it's just the two part time jobs, I'm starting to crack under the lack of pressure! Maybe I'm just so used to the stress and worrying that I'm actually, in some sick way, addicted to it. I wont hear from any law schools for about 2-3 months so I've got tons of idle time. I want to start some volunteer work, but need something steady to coordinate with my 2 other jobs. Any suggestions would be much appreicated!

Here's my own:
1) Learn to skate - no more being left out of skating! But then I need someone to teach me, so that won't work
2) Write - write what though? And for what? I'm writing this, so maybe that's enough...
3) Read - there's only so much of it I can do
4) Colour code my closet - done...
5) Learn to cook - but what if I burn myself...?!
6) Knit - I think I'm 40 years to early for that...
7) Play with Maaniya - I don't think my 6 year old sister wants a 22 year old playmate....so sad...
8) Bother Maaniya - better idea....
9) Get a third part-time job? - That might not be so bad...money!
10) Think of more ideas - awww...
1 Comments:
Blogger twistedbrick said...
hey i know that you're sworn off MSN, but a good reason to break a good habit is to chat with me online!
Seriously you and Ezther are the only reasons I even log onto MSN!
I was telling a friend that I hardly go MSN, but when I do, I always coiencidentally (was that spelt wrong?) happen to be online at the same time as you or Ezther. Then she said that it was probably because you guys are always logged on (24 hrs a day) so the chance of me catching either one of you would be good. Also, it got me to realize that I only chat with you guys when I have assignments or exams (procrastinating), and because we are all in university, we probably have assignments and exams on at roughly the same time and are all doing last minute research/essays/study online, but end up distracting one another by chatting. Now that Ezther has finished uni, I don't think I'll be seeing her online anymore. =( When will I see you again online?