Monday, December 05, 2005
What's your 11:59?

There a recent idea started by two women who have had experiences where they've had to face their "moment of truth" and had to choose whether to give up or keep going, and it also represents moments where you thought you were at a loss, but somehow someone or something comes through and makes a defining moment in your life. (http://www.1159.ca/1159.swf)

Sounds kinda corny, doesn't it? But nonetheless they have something there. These women now sell bracelets and necklaces for people to remind themselves to not lose hope and remind them of past experiences they've had with their 11:59. They were on CFRB1010 last week (in with The Motts) and were talking about their idea while many people called in and shared their own experiences.

Call it corny, but there were a lot of tear-jerking moments! I remember one where a woman's husband got into and accident and was in a coma on life-support. A close friend of the husband (he was the one who called into the show) said that he suggested they pull the plug on his friend because numerous doctors and endless tests had said that nothing could be done for this man and he didn't want to see his friend as a "vegetable" for the rest of his life and in pain. But the wife refused to do it and one week later to everyone's shock, her husband woke up and is now in good health. Apparently the caller did tell his friend what he had told his wife to do.

I know my own 11:59 happened when my sister was born about 7 years ago and due to complications, the Doctor nicked an artery ("by accident"...one more reason I distrust doctors) and my mother was bleeding internally for hours before they realized something was wrong and had to operate again. She was near death by the time they could help her and being only 16 at the time I couldn't understand whether to cope with my own desperate feelings to console my then 13 year old brother who was in an actual state of shock the whole time. We were in California at the time and my dad was in India, so with only aunts, uncles and cousins around, I ended up doing the latter. I would say my faith in God helped me through, as did my refusal to believe my mom wouldn't pull through this - she had to. I remember my brother and I refused to even look at the baby until we knew our mom was ok (she was only 5 hours old, there really wasn't a whole lotta love at that point...she may resent us in the future for it but I blame her for everything anyways lol).

Anyone else have an 11:59 moment?

As always, if you want to comment as "Anonymous" go right ahead :)
1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
sorry 4 d random comment, it has nothing 2 do with d topic.
hi there this is Hm, the guy Ez talked about on her blog,the guy u called an absolute fucker:)it ok i dont mind u were just standing up 4 ur friend and dats noble thing 2 do, however its easy 4 u guys 2 pass judgment on me and abuse and insult and make all sorts of comments, but u dont really knw me infact u dont knw me at all.Things happened btw me and ur friend Ez, i admit i did somethings dat i'm not proud of i fuc**d up but u guys only knw one side 2 the story and dats EZ's side u dont knw my side, a coin has 2 sides there r always 2 sides 2 a story and each side only tells the part that favours them my point is dont judge me or castigate me just cos u r standing up 4 ur freind u dont knw my side...i'm not a bad person i'm not happy with d way things went btw me and EZ but i guess shit happens. think about it. i would like 2 hear wat u hav 2 say about this. cheers